OK, that year, 1969, he was one of our snare-tenors, but trust me, he IS a snare drummer. Eric had a problem with his left hand grip and had him play on the snare-tenor side.

If you'd like, I could have him write an 'Ode to the Queen'!!

If I remember correctly, that shot was taken during a rehearsal break on the day of the Barnum at a school site off Honeyspot Road, just east of B'port. I could be incorrect though, since that was 43 years ago! But I don't think so.

HAHA ... Honeyspot Road ... what a memory you have ... that was the same day Eric had his infamous "I've got five guys from Selden ready to come in" speech ... and then he "lost" the line to the local bar ... Winky had a fit!!!! ... then we won the show ... and Eric relented in later years, redefining my "bad" left hand to a "different" left hand ... he was genuinely surprised at how high he used to score me in I&E shows (I have all the sheets) ... hey ... it's all in a lifetime ...

Andy "I'm twice the man I was ... well, at least weight wise" Lisko

HAHA ... Honeyspot Road ... what a memory you have ... that was the same day Eric had his infamous "I've got five guys from Selden ready to come in" speech ... and then he "lost" the line to the local bar ... Winky had a fit!!!! ... then we won the show ... and Eric relented in later years, redefining my "bad" left hand to a "different" left hand ... he was genuinely surprised at how high he used to score me in I&E shows (I have all the sheets) ... hey ... it's all in a lifetime ...

But, you'll always be my lil Drummer Boy!!

But, you'll always be my lil Drummer Boy!!

:inlove:

Trust me, it took quite a while before I could remember the name of the exit off the Tpke. I forgot that that was also the day of Eric's "speech" and we all walked out. I never saw Wink so red in the face as that day. I thought he was going to have a heart attack right there. Eric could be a bit of a tyrant when the mood struck. I remember some of the guys telling him to give the Selden guys a call, they could be here in a few hours. And then we went to wet our whistles.

You showed me those score sheets once and they were indeed signed by Mr Perrilloux himself! I guess nobody ever called his bluff before, or since. He very rarely "mellowed out" when we were playing HIS charts. I cherish the memories of working under his tutelage. He and Wes were the best 'yin' to Hy's 'yan'.

Ray

Trust me, it took quite a while before I could remember the name of the exit off the Tpke. I forgot that that was also the day of Eric's "speech" and we all walked out. I never saw Wink so red in the face as that day. I thought he was going to have a heart attack right there. Eric could be a bit of a tyrant when the mood struck. I remember some of the guys telling him to give the Selden guys a call, they could be here in a few hours. And then we went to wet our whistles.

If that doesn't summarize "The Skyliners", I don't know what would!

(Grin)

That's why hundreds of thousands of us fans are still fans!

He is a snare drummer

With forearms that size, he's either a snaredrummer or a spinach-endorsing sailor man.

For all those that make this happen:

6863700280_cef7860af7_b.jpg

:thumbup::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

yeah old drum corps but not the crap of today.

Edited by donincardona

HAHA ... Honeyspot Road ... what a memory you have ... that was the same day Eric had his infamous "I've got five guys from Selden ready to come in" speech ...

OK, Lil Selden perc info: On snare we had Henry Gumbus, he did march Sky 70's, Jimmy Gould, and Dave Long. Think Dave marched Sky at some point. Dave and Jimmy were cousins. There was an alt. Stan Vogt, but he wasn't around much that I recall. Tenors were Don Menell, Butch Good and Rich Searles. I guess the tenors could play snare if needed because on breaks, they would turn those old sticks with the felt tips around and imitate snares.

I will say, they were a tight knit group and very talented. Eric made sure of that. They didn't have the turnover the horn line and guard did.

OK, so back to the feature of Andy. I only know Andy through this thread and 1969 was too many years ago. Even though we competed against each other many times, I must admit, I wasn't watching his drum line. I was too preoccupied with PAL's guard. Their precision of course. Heh.

Edited by gsksun4