Sorry to hear that Don ... if you knew a RICH man, you'd be half way there to knowing him ...

:-)

I went to High School with him many, many years ago!.........He's now with the Hurcs and they're fortunate to have him!:thumbup:

#2 currently plays with both the NY Skyliners Alumni and Park City Pride ... this after a long stint with the Cabs Field Corps as a player and admin ... recent member of the WDCHOF ...

"Pre Beard":

I knew of him well before he had wiskers even. Baritone with Bridgeport's olde PAL Cadets. I understand he is now a Hurricanes staffer.

I didn't know he was with Park City Pride.

Busy guy......

Elphaba

"Pre Beard":

I knew of him well before he had wiskers even. Baritone with Bridgeport's olde PAL Cadets. I understand he is now a Hurricanes staffer.

I didn't know he was with Park City Pride.

Busy guy......

Elphaba

Did I mention that we taught the Westchester Horizon in 72 and 73?

Why Frank, you tell that story almost as well as he does ... LOL!!!!! ... he was also one of the drill guys for Sun in 79 ... and (I think) Asst DM at the end of the season with them ... guess Jack Dobson taught him well! ...

I was with Sun in 1979, and I'm drawing a complete blank on this guy.

Not the first or last time I've drawn a complete blank. :tongue:

I was with Sun in 1979, and I'm drawing a complete blank on this guy.

Not the first or last time I've drawn a complete blank. :tongue:

Andy it wasn't 79 for sure..

OK... now the blank is being filled in. LOL.

I'm pretty sure this gentleman was with Sun in 1980, not 1979. If that's the case, then I do know who he is.

Not sure of the year then ... could have sworn it was late 79 ... it would have been when Dennis Aquilina was on the brass staff ... maybe 78? ... I was on staff with Sky at the time and was surprised to see both of them working with Sun at the 2nd Bpt show the weekend before DCA ... towards the end of the season ... I think Mallen was on drums also ...

Another clue: he was Sky's drill instructor in 74 ...

Not sure of the year then ... could have sworn it was late 79 ... it would have been when Dennis Aquilina was on the brass staff ... maybe 78? ... I was on staff with Sky at the time and was surprised to see both of them working with Sun at the 2nd Bpt show the weekend before DCA ... towards the end of the season ... I think Mallen was on drums also ...

That was definitely 1980.

We also had Jeff Mitchell on the brass staff that season. Jim Mallen was our in-house percussion guy (along with the "regulars" like Dave China and Larry Visconti).... Jim replaced Rich Cesani, who was with us from 1977 through 1979 but had moved on to take the percussion caption head job with the Memphis Blues Brass Band junior corps for 1980.

Dennis Dewey was in his first season as our brass caption head in 1980... he had Dennis Aquilina and Jeff on the staff.

Strange that I can remember this stuff, but sometimes forget what I had for breakfast on a given day. :tongue:

Heh... in 1980, Jeff Mitchell was, shall we say, a bit larger than he would be a few years later when he lost a lot of weight.

So, in '80, we nicknamed him The Michelin Man. :cool: