I'm just guessing here, but I figure it's got to be Ray Luedee. I never knew him personally, but competed against him and his Hurcs lines many times. 1969 Hurricanes' show is among my all-time personal favorites.

• Like 3

I'm just guessing here, but I figure it's got to be Ray Luedee. I never knew him personally, but competed against him and his Hurcs lines many times. 1969 Hurricanes' show is among my all-time personal favorites.

Yup ... that's Ray ... I didn't want to get Nanci mad by being the first to respond ... heh ... Ray was mentored by Earl Sturtze and was an accomplished I&E snare champ with the CT Yankees before he took over the Hurcs in late 1965 ... he built a fanaticism into his lines rarely found in others ... DCA meetings were definitely interesting with him, Perrilloux, Myers, Flowers, Pratt, Barbaro and Goodhart around the table at the drum session ... YIKES!

Andy

• Like 1

Yup ... that's Ray ... I didn't want to get Nanci mad by being the first to respond ... heh ... Ray was mentored by Earl Sturtze and was an accomplished I&E snare champ with the CT Yankees before he took over the Hurcs in late 1965 ... he built a fanaticism into his lines rarely found in others ... DCA meetings were definitely interesting with him, Perrilloux, Myers, Flowers, Pratt, Barbaro and Goodhart around the table at the drum session ... YIKES!

Andy

Man! You guys are just right on top of everything, aren't you? lol

And how could I ever get mad at my dancin' partner? Hugs!

Left to right: In their Sunriser days, Frank Diliberto (now playing with both the Selden Alumni and Blessed Sacrament), Frank Dorritie (World Buglers' Hall of Fame) and Ted Sasso.

• Like 1

Hmmmmmmmmm...........................

Still don't know who.

"BAGHEAD"

"BAGHEAD"

hey dave if you got any pics send them to nanci. i know you got some........send them to her. it's fun

Edited by donincardona

Now you got me started. A John Pratt story. With the usual CRSS (can’t remember stuff syndrome) disclaimers.

A daytime contest, probably a Saturday, in Emmaus, Pennsylvania. John Pratt is one of the field execution judges. He walks down the snare line to say hello to John Flowers before the kickoff. It’s hot. The guy with the water bucket walks by and offers Pratt some water. He takes a handful of ice cubes and shoves them in his mouth just as the drum major shouts, “corps … attennnnnnnn … shun!”. Flowers yells at Pratt to get the hell out of the way before he gets nailed by a contra. Pratt’s eyes bug out and he starts spitting out the ice cubes, all over his shirt and clipboard. The snares crack up.

We make it through to the concert number, and, even with the comical start, we’re really having a good day. Pratt, with water spots on his shirt, flips his clipboard up for us to see and walks by the line again. There are only two tics! And one of them is on the tenors.

Pratt runs around like a mad man for the rest of the show. The second part is not as clean, but I don’t think we had more than eight or ten tics total. As we play the finale, Pratt’s standing on the field watching us with a huge smile. He came by the truck later that day to congratulate us on the show, and to steal a beer or two.

Left to right: In their Sunriser days, Frank Diliberto (now playing with both the Selden Alumni and Blessed Sacrament), Frank Dorritie (World Buglers' Hall of Fame) and Ted Sasso.

Sheesh.... is there anyone you don't know? LOL!

Don't look now but, your extensive history / knowledge / experience / involvement is showing.

Ain't this fun?

• Like 1