just a note to wish all the 'Whoers' a Happy Easter, or as we say in the old country buon Pasqua.......glad to still be around after thw stroke in November and congestive heart failure 3 weeks ago....still playin' and teachin' but not driving yet 'cause some visual problem which requires me to be carted around on my fat arse

many thanx to all who have contacted me or sent cards or dead birds......I ain't dead yet ($1 to Mr. Ware)....however, I saw Bucky at the end of the tunnel Coors lights in hand, waving me to join him which I refused then Truman stopped in and reminded me: 'if He brings you to it; He will bring you thru it' (true dat)

Guido

jim watch that CHF. i have it and it can sneek up on ya. all of a sudden ya can't breath. be will my friend.

• Like 2

"...many thanx to all who have contacted me or sent cards or dead birds.."

Your Compactness,

We send all possible good vibes (as well as marimbas) your way to ensure a rapid return to eye level, such as it is. Though your view may be closer to the surface than most, all here regard you highly.

Your faithful imitator,

Francis

• Like 3

No stories, memories to share about JAG before we move on??

The man is a musical pack rat. A few years ago at a show, he approached and said, "So, you collect old recordings?"

"Some", I replied. "Well, here you go", says JAG, handing me a CD dub that turns out to be the Massillon Post drum corps from 1955.

"Who are these guys?", I ask.

"Oh, you don't know? That's the gang that convinced the American Legion that it would be OK to use valves on bugles."

I couldn't wait to slap that disc into the player, after which I thought, "They'd have sold me, too."

Edited by ironlips
  • Like 2

just a note to wish all the 'Whoers' a Happy Easter, or as we say in the old country buon Pasqua.......glad to still be around after thw stroke in November and congestive heart failure 3 weeks ago....still playin' and teachin' but not driving yet 'cause some visual problem which requires me to be carted around on my fat arse

many thanx to all who have contacted me or sent cards or dead birds......I ain't dead yet ($1 to Mr. Ware)....however, I saw Bucky at the end of the tunnel Coors lights in hand, waving me to join him which I refused then Truman stopped in and reminded me: 'if He brings you to it; He will bring you thru it' (true dat)

Guido

Glad to hear you're on the mend my friend.... Miss seeing ya!

(Freddy says hi!! He was looking for you in York, PA last Saturday)

th_DSCN6089a.jpg
  • Like 1

jim watch that CHF. i have it and it can sneek up on ya. all of a sudden ya can't breath. be will my friend.

I hear ya brother!!

Please Read Before You Post
If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)
If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.
When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.
Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:
The *Guess Who* Mailbox
Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..
Guess Who # 518 ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30432143@N00/13768809573/

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 518 ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30432143@N00/13768809573/

now that is a very old pic. look at the hair. the style of the tux. that brings back some memories.

car is 1953 or 54... so whoever that is would be REALLY old... older than Don and that's saying a lot

• Like 1