Yes you did, Don. That's fossil50, aka Tim Campbell!

so we are the same age after all. and i got one right!

• Like 1

Ok now that the word is out, I was a soprano player who switched to bari when a little bird (Frank Kubinak) told me BS would need baritones. I played that (Lead Bari) until 1966 when I got drafted. When I got out of the service I didn't touch a horn till 1978 when I picked up a soprano again and went to the Sunrisers. Eventurally wound up in Cabs ( lead sop) starting in 1990 till 98 and my Swan song was Sky Alumni 99. Now I dust my horns........

On a side note.....I was a pretty adequate player until I was in Cabs alumni in 94-5 winter and played the scores from the 60's where the leads played ALL the time. When I went back to the competing corps I had incredible chops. Back me up here Frank Ponzo........so I recommend alumni corps to my fellow fossils!.. Sky Alumni was just as good.

Edited by Fossil50
  • Like 4

Ok now that the word is out, I was a soprano player who switched to bari when a little bird (Frank Kubinak) told me BS would need baritones. I played that (Lead Bari) until 1966 when I got drafted. When I got out of the service I didn't touch a horn till 1978 when I picked up a soprano again and went to the Sunrisers. Eventurally wound up in Cabs ( lead sop) starting in 1990 till 98 and my Swan song was Sky Alumni 99. Now I dust my horns........

On a side note.....I was a pretty adequate player until I was in Cabs alumni in 94-5 winter and played the scores from the 60's where the leads played ALL the time. When I went back to the competing corps I had incredible chops. Back me up here Frank Ponzo........so I recommend alumni corps to my fellow fossils!.. Sky Alumni was just as good.

If I may, I can attest to what you're saying Tim..... I sit in the "blast zone" at the Alumni stage shows. (front row) Literately inches away from the entire horn lines! When you have Curt Hakwins, George Headly and Dave Farren from the Cabs Alumni AIMING the bells of their horns at your head you WILL hear ringing for a few days! ALL of the Alumni Corps' lead lines (Sop, Bari AND Mellos) are throwing some major heat. These cats still "have it" and know how to use it! :worthy::thumbup:

When the soloists and duets "step out" they are actually standing in front of you, or some times on your feet. LOL

I'm L O V I N G all of it!! :thumbs-up:

Tim, that's one of the most impressive resumes I've encountered. I was only 16 or 17 when I competed against SAC and always wondered when I saw them, what it must have been like to enter every contest and know you had the ability to win.

Those were the golden days for the Golden Knights.

• Like 1

Add to that all the friends I've made over the years and being taught by some of the greats.

• Like 2

Some of Tim's Double "A"'s could have put the Blue Devils lead line to shame!

• Like 1

Yeah thanks but those days are gone! Frank, remember when we did the exhibition for BD at Hawthorne HS?

Edited by Fossil50

I don't have any more lined up right now and I have a ton of work to do (only day with no rain this week). If you have any to submit, it would be a great help.... otherwise, I can't get time to go looking around till tomorrow. My email is in my signature at the bottom. Thanx in advance! Have a great day!

Meanwhile, I saw this on the DCA website... an upcoming tribute to the great Moe Knox:

http://www.dcacorps.org/?p=4475

Wonderful idea!!!!

And yes, I know Moe should be in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame... that is long overdue. But DCA is not affiliated with the Hall of Fame.... so they are doing this on their own to honor this great man!!!

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

Meanwhile, I saw this on the DCA website... an upcoming tribute to the great Moe Knox:

http://www.dcacorps.org/?p=4475

Wonderful idea!!!!

And yes, I know Moe should be in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame... that is long overdue. But DCA is not affiliated with the Hall of Fame.... so they are doing this on their own to honor this great man!!!

Great news, Fran. Yes, he should be in the 'good ol' boys club', but at least DCA gets it and is doing something about it. Congratulations Moe!!!

• Like 3