THE DON always ticked people off. so he is banned. he only did it to himself. yes I have met him. :thumbdown:

Edited by retired

if you think about how they made names in medieval times... you should have the last name...

So the guy's name is Dick-son?

Like Dixon?

Am I close?

(yes I'm sort of kidding).

It's actually Ray Konga Richardson - looking particularly pale....

Got the last name right... but you're right... Konga would have laughed at that...

I have to run off to just north of Baltimore till Sunday night...

Since John Concannon was the really neat pic since he hasn't been around for 40 plus years...

I'll give you Mr. Richardson's first name - Gary Richardson for the last few years has been the mainstay of Empire's A Section and this year Dansville White Sabers... He became quite well known in the very early 60's as one of Cru's "rifles with attitude" spinning and working with real guns (11 plus pounds I believe)... He's also a GREAT drum corps guy...

Your Majesty, ball is back in your court... or mouse in your soda or whatever (if you're not on facebook - ask Nanci to explain that to you... it's pretty dang funny)

Got the last name right... but you're right... Konga would have laughed at that...

I have to run off to just north of Baltimore till Sunday night...

Since John Concannon was the really neat pic since he hasn't been around for 40 plus years...

I'll give you Mr. Richardson's first name - Gary Richardson for the last few years has been the mainstay of Empire's A Section and this year Dansville White Sabers... He became quite well known in the very early 60's as one of Cru's "rifles with attitude" spinning and working with real guns (11 plus pounds I believe)... He's also a GREAT drum corps guy...

Your Majesty, ball is back in your court... or mouse in your soda or whatever (if you're not on facebook - ask Nanci to explain that to you... it's pretty dang funny)

I'f you're up in MD in a few days watch for a badly driven 26' Penske truck heading North - making my 2nd Texas to Boston trip in two weeks starting tomorrow morning. First one was easy - in our van - this one?

Less easy I suspect.

Don't think I'll see DCP for a week or so.

And Konga was easy to laugh. Remarkable guy.

I remember when the "Hong Kong Flue" came out during the mid 60s - we were at a winter I&E show out on Long Island and I was sitting talking to him.

He got that big smile and said, "You're worried about the Hong Kong Flu? that's nothing! What you gotta worry about is the King Kong Flu!"

Funny kid - great player - really good man. The activity (and each of us) miss him.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 1

>>

I'f you're up in MD in a few days watch for a badly driven 26' Penske truck heading North - making my 2nd Texas to Boston trip in two weeks starting tomorrow morning. First one was easy - in our van - this one?

Less easy I suspect.<<

Remember Ray, with a 26'er you may have to stop at the Weigh Stations on the highways ... even if only to have them flag you through ... at least that's the way in was several years ago when I drove a fairly long U-Haul truck from FL to CT ... just be aware okay?

:-)

KNoxville tonight...

Tired...

Wow.... all those folks headed to Maryland over the weekend, while I headed out. LOL.

I was up in PA with Brenda.... and with the Reilly Raiders at their indoor show Saturday night.

Caught up with some old Sunriser friends, who are now with various alumni corps. Lots of laughs, as usual!!!

• Like 3

Wow.... all those folks headed to Maryland over the weekend, while I headed out. LOL.

I was up in PA with Brenda.... and with the Reilly Raiders at their indoor show Saturday night.

Caught up with some old Sunriser friends, who are now with various alumni corps. Lots of laughs, as usual!!!

Well I'm in Maryland right now TW, but Hagerstown, so that doesn't count much - 8 hours sleep then the last 8 hour drive to Boston (or however long it takes in this furschugginer 26' truck).

Oh and Andy - good call on the weigh stations.

Well I'm in Maryland right now TW, but Hagerstown, so that doesn't count much - 8 hours sleep then the last 8 hour drive to Boston (or however long it takes in this furschugginer 26' truck).

Oh and Andy - good call on the weigh stations.

Safe trip Ray... BTW Haggy Town to Bah-ston via what route? Sounds like our route to New England (81->84->MA Turnpike...) Wave to us just before you cross the Skung-a-hanna (Susquehanna).....