Soooooooo, are you happy or sad about stuff like this:

http://www.uticaod.com/article/20141022/NEWS/141029762

Neither - I'm like the old-timers that think nothing good has happened in drum corps since 1963, except with politics.

I really miss being able to argue political beliefs with friends, co-workers, et al. without poisoning the atmosphere for the next century or so.

We are/always have been a flawed society, but we used to be better about discourse.

Although I couldn't make myself vote for him due to personal beliefs about his platform, I love John McCain - I think he's a truly great American.

One of the high points of my life was watching while he and Ted Kennedy worked across the aisle to get legislation passed to help Americans.

This current crop are more interested in getting re-elected by scaring constituents than by getting anything done, and I (sadly) include both sides of the aisle, the Judicial, and the Executive branches.

We're all Americans. We can't cure the ills of the world, but we can try to take care of our citizens.

Otherwise why have a government?

And we don't have to agree on the means, the methods, the individuals, but #### it would be nice to be able to talk about it without calling each other names.

OK, that's it - I'm exhausted from Texas politics - i.e. the politics of fear and stupidity.

• Like 2

Entertainment like the WWE?

I can see that...

I think my safest bet would be to go with # 2 Entertainment.

It certainly is !

So Guess Who is leaving DCP.......sad day.

So Guess Who is leaving DCP.......sad day.

Sad day indeed. But, what else can we do?

This is a personal thread and the Mods here don't seem to be able to handle it correctly. I can't really blame them. How can they possibly know the history behind all these different corps and folks?

I pretty much run this thread... I haven't heard anything from them about any of this nonsense. Which tends to make me believe that this whole mess happened elsewhere. If one is banned from DCP..... which this is only one part of the problem here.... can't they allow folks or limit access to just one thread??

I don't know how to move forward here. If I don't move the thread to another location....we might just lose the whole thing. You must have seen how many folks are upset that certain folks aren't allowed to participate here any more. Honestly, I don't know what brought that all on. I don't believe it had anything whatso ever to do with our thread here. That's the only thing I'm pretty sure of. What do you folks suggest that I do? If I bring it to facebook, at least then, I have control over it. Then it's not an entire site control.... it's just our thread. Any suggestions?

Sad day indeed. But, what else can we do?

This is a personal thread and the Mods here don't seem to be able to handle it correctly. I can't really blame them. How can they possibly know the history behind all these different corps and folks?

I pretty much run this thread... I haven't heard anything from them about any of this nonsense. Which tends to make me believe that this whole mess happened elsewhere. If one is banned from DCP..... which this is only one part of the problem here.... can't they allow folks or limit access to just one thread??

I don't know how to move forward here. If I don't move the thread to another location....we might just lose the whole thing. You must have seen how many folks are upset that certain folks aren't allowed to participate here any more. Honestly, I don't know what brought that all on. I don't believe it had anything whatso ever to do with our thread here. That's the only thing I'm pretty sure of. What do you folks suggest that I do? If I bring it to facebook, at least then, I have control over it. Then it's not an entire site control.... it's just our thread. Any suggestions?

I don't know that there are that many people so upset. Seems to me the Mods have acted fairly and firmly in enforcing DCP's commitment to maintain civility on these forums. If someone consistantly displays a combative and anti-social posture and fails to heed repeated warnings and prior suspension then censuring that individual becomes the only option....when these progressive efforts fail, there's only one person to aim the finger of blame at! So how are the Moderators at fault? I've been here daily since day one and don't believe I've seen the Mods interfere at all.

• Like 4

So Guess Who is leaving DCP.......sad day

The tough part is that I'm not a Facebooker - tough for me anyway.

But I'm also one of the ones yelling loudest about moving off DCP so I guess be careful of what you wish for, huh?

• Like 2

The tough part is that I'm not a Facebooker - tough for me anyway.

But I'm also one of the ones yelling loudest about moving off DCP so I guess be careful of what you wish for, huh?

I'm not a FB'er either ... looks like the end of the road for me as well ... ta ta for now ... on vacation in FL for the next month ...

:-)

I don't know that there are that many people so upset. Seems to me the Mods have acted fairly and firmly in enforcing DCP's commitment to maintain civility on these forums. If someone consistantly displays a combative and anti-social posture and fails to heed repeated warnings and prior suspension then censuring that individual becomes the only option....when these progressive efforts fail, there's only one person to aim the finger of blame at! So how are the Moderators at fault? I've been here daily since day one and don't believe I've seen the Mods interfere at all.

God I hate it when you're reasonable...

It's funny - I have been vocal about my distaste for much of DCP. I think there are folks that post regularly (not on Guess Who) that are just trolls and ball-busters, and I don't get a sense of their being moderated.

On the other hand when I read Ray (the good Ray) post that he was leaving DCP and Guess Who I felt terrible.

It's so easy to say "Let's get our own page" when you're (In this case I'm) not the one doing the work.

I made up my mind a long time ago not to go on Facebook. I fear that I would end up spending 23 hrs a day catching up with folks that I'd be better off running into in real life.

I love the Guess Who forum, and honestly I love it right here - I just don't read much else on DCP.

I b*tched quite a bit about Don being banned for life, in part because he functions as well as any of us on this thread, and in part because I find it hard to take a webpage so seriously that one can be banned for life.

I mean, for life?

By way of full disclosure, Don and I had a little on-line dust-up when he didn't like something I posted. He and I are obviously very different people, but we worked through it on DMs.

If the DCP moderators think it's the right call, God bless them, but I'm not a big believer in power, especially little tiny unimportant pieces of power.

Being banned for life from a drum corps forum seems way over the top to me (operative word, seems). Everyone on the forum(s) has participated in an activity we all love. We're different - we express it differently.

But to be honest, if you want to ban folks for life I could think of three right off the bat I'd jettison just as quickly, and that's the rub in my opinion.

When we start to pick and choose who NEVER GETS TO COME ON AGAIN, it's pretty subjective stuff.

I hope Guess Who stays active and accessible. I enjoy my time here - I won't be going to Facebook for a number of reasons that are personal more than anything.

But I guess I also hope that the moderators be a little more moderate in their bans.

Lifetime is really long. The longer the better, except for being excluded from something you love.

Even if you don't do it as well as some would like you to.

• Like 5