Greetings to all from the Gunshine State ,

In that case, let's see what we can do about getting The Don paroled. The punishment overwhelms the crime.

I agree....

Not that anything I have to say about it matters much. JMHO.

Who knows, maybe it's time I go play somewhere else as well... The GW thread was fun and I did enjoy wearing my name badge. Think it might be time to leave that hanging in the hall closet with my DC hats.

I agree....

Not that anything I have to say about it matters much. JMHO.

Who knows, maybe it's time I go play somewhere else as well... The GW thread was fun and I did enjoy wearing my name badge. Think it might be time to leave that hanging in the hall closet with my DC hats.

Really?

Why would you go play somewhere else??

Sad day indeed. But, what else can we do?

This is a personal thread and the Mods here don't seem to be able to handle it correctly. I can't really blame them. How can they possibly know the history behind all these different corps and folks?

I pretty much run this thread... I haven't heard anything from them about any of this nonsense. Which tends to make me believe that this whole mess happened elsewhere. If one is banned from DCP..... which this is only one part of the problem here.... can't they allow folks or limit access to just one thread??

I don't know how to move forward here. If I don't move the thread to another location....we might just lose the whole thing. You must have seen how many folks are upset that certain folks aren't allowed to participate here any more. Honestly, I don't know what brought that all on. I don't believe it had anything whatso ever to do with our thread here. That's the only thing I'm pretty sure of. What do you folks suggest that I do? If I bring it to facebook, at least then, I have control over it. Then it's not an entire site control.... it's just our thread. Any suggestions?

mods rarely had issues here. Someone got banned because they couldn't follow the rules of DCP. it's that simple. way too much ####### drama over a god ###### website chat forum

mods rarely had issues here. Someone got banned because they couldn't follow the rules of DCP. it's that simple. way too much ####### drama over a god ###### website chat forum

So you don't think banning someone (anyone) "for life" is "way too much drama over a god ###### website chat forum"?

Because at least a couple of us here do.

Are we wrong because that's what the moderators say?

• Like 1

now, if we all say a mantra mayhaps we may save Tinkerbell..........gotta figure this out cause it's too important for us to bid this adieu

Guido

• Like 1

This is very sad to read here.

I know Everyone did not care for the punishment given . (me either. He was not my most favorite person on every issue.) But so what. Don't read his posts if he offended you. I know I have made some Mistakes in my Drum Corps Life. ( that was the "horrible which of the west", being the biggest, BOY was I WRONG. And it Cost me a lot of Friends and Respectability.)

Moving seems rather drastic a thing to do. If Most of the people send NOTE ASKING FOR at least a Part reversal, and they refuse. maybe then move.

I am not a card carrying member. (I would be if asked). I do not do Facebook though. So I would lose a site I read all the time. But then I am OLD and very ill. So my opinion may not be of very much value. I am lucky to get to One Event a year now.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

This is very sad to read here.

I know Everyone did not care for the punishment given . (me either. He was not my most favorite person on every issue.) But so what. Don't read his posts if he offended you. I know I have made some Mistakes in my Drum Corps Life. ( that was the "horrible which of the west", being the biggest, BOY was I WRONG. And it Cost me a lot of Friends and Respectability.)

Moving seems rather drastic a thing to do. If Most of the people send NOTE ASKING FOR at least a Part reversal, and they refuse. maybe then move.

I am not a card carrying member. (I would be if asked). I do not do Facebook though. So I would lose a site I read all the time. But then I am OLD and very ill. So my opinion may not be of very much value. I am lucky to get to One Event a year now.

The beauty of this particular thread is that every opinion is equally valuable - Frank's is weighed with equal value to the opinions of folks with a year or two of involvement - and btw on a forum, that's how it should be.

Each of us, through our love of the activity, has earned his and her opinion and that opinion has earned validity through that dedication and love.

Reading Nanci (if I may be so presumptuous) my guess is that she doesn't want to uproot one of the most successful threads on DCP.

Reading most participants, few if any of us want to go elsewhere.

We just want to avoid, as Jeff points out, "too much drama"...

I guess the pivotal questiston is whether an individual thumping his chest and bellowing is more drama than a group of moderators banishing said individual for life.

Because honestly, that's all it is - whether it's at Jeff, or at me (and it has been) just venting and posturing.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that when an active man experiences health issues, there's a pretty high degree of frustration (I came back to DCP when I broke my back and neck in 2005 - there wasn't much more I could do at the time) and sometimes that frustration vents itself in inappropriate ways.

But if DCP is actually a community of folks bound by a love of a common activity, helping seems more appropriate than banishment.

Your opinion is equally important with anyone here, and your involvement makes us all better because of your experience.

I hope we all get the benefit of your experience for a long time to come, and here on DCP.

And I hope your health remains stable in the best possible place for a long time to come.

• Like 1

Let's go back to the beginning..
Could you all please relax? Please??
One person got banned from the entire DCP website and from what I can gather... it had nothing to do with this thread.I guess I kinda run this particular thread.... but, I have no control over what happens on this entire website.

That said,
Guess Who #1
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2048/1700325593_424554df16_o.jpg