Sounds like a stadium up state New York had the same problem ,plus the engineer on the train would blow the horn on the train when he saw corps completing .LMAO

I recall that some of us were talking to a couple of Bracken girls before retreat, and one asked where we lived. "The City", someone said. "Oh", she replied. "Do you like the Phillies?"

Oy vey! Wrong city, I thought. As far as we were concerned, there was only one "city", and its team was the Yankees.

Too bad. It might have been the start of a beautiful friendship. It gives me a chuckle to think that that little cutie is now most likely a grandmother.

I recall that some of us were talking to a couple of Bracken girls before retreat, and one asked where we lived. "The City", someone said. "Oh", she replied. "Do you like the Phillies?"

Oy vey! Wrong city, I thought. As far as we were concerned, there was only one "city", and its team was the Yankees.

I honestly had visions of a post-show "sock hop" after Bracken's show in the 60's with everyone doing the Bristol Stomp ... LOL ... and Philly girls loved the "city" kids ... as long as we had enough uni parts to give them as a memento ... heh ... and we were only from CT, which is actually the 6th NYC Borough ...

:-)

Thinking of trains one year the Gettysburg exhibition was at Mussleman (think applesauce) Field at G-burg College. Train tracks run behind the stadium and during the Lancers standstill you could hear the train coming and then a lot of the bell clanging. Later someone said something and one of the Honor Guard members got a sheepish grin on his face... "think it was my brother.. he's working today....".

New Brunswick High School in central NJ also hosted a few shows through the years... the DCA season opener was there in 1977 and '78... and also had some "train trouble." LOL.

Tracks right near the stadium... I I think it might have been a NJ Transit/Amtrak corridor, because those trains were moving pretty quickly as they came through.

And we ended DCA 77 and 78 with Finals at Allentown and incoming at ABE airport. Westshoremens one drum solo on the album ends with a prop plane going overheard. Kind of a neat sound effect.....

The current feature, The Bracken Cavaliers go back many years like so many of the American Legion post corps. Founded in 1922 and were sponsored by the Robert W. Bracken post 382 in Bristol, PA. In the 60's, they hosted the Eastern States Circuit Championship.

If this works, here they are from 1963. Picture goes back to earlier days and a different uniform:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1a48B6GtxA

Edited by gsksun4

The current feature, The Bracken Cavaliers go back many years like so many of the American Legion post corps. Founded in 1922 and were sponsored by the Robert W. Bracken post 382 in Bristol, PA. In the 60's, they hosted the Eastern States Circuit Championship.

If this works, here they are from 1963. Picture goes back to earlier days and a different uniform:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1a48B6GtxA

Bracken kicked our butts at numerous shows in the Eastern States circuit. Solid corps!!!

It would be great if someone (maybe Glenn or Tony) could find the Pepe/Yogi conversations I put on here and e-mail them to me ... for some reason, I cannot do a search on here ... I wrote them "on the fly" and have no other copies of the content ... if anyone can help, that would be great ...

Thanks in advance ...

Andy

I just did a search and it didn't find anything for Pepe Notaro at all. Even used you as author.

But, I did narrow to this thread only. That's odd, I mean he's mentioned plenty here.

Seems to be a lot of fields to fill in when you search but I didn't use all of them.

Perhaps one of the admins could step up to the plate on this.

Tried again with a tweak and only came up with this:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/62406-favorite-drum-corps-personality/page-8

Edited by gsksun4