Okay ... figured it out ... got 'em all ...

:-)

Not sure where Tony and Fran are located in the Greater Baltimore area, but things down there are giving me flashbacks to the Newark riots of 1967 ... to all DCPers in Baltimore, please stay safe and at home

• Like 1

Heard that Andy... was at a Johns Hopkins Medical Center last Thursday. Thank goodness not the one in town.

To make it sadder today is the funeral and the family asked for no demonstrations.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Not sure where Tony and Fran are located in the Greater Baltimore area, but things down there are giving me flashbacks to the Newark riots of 1967 ... to all DCPers in Baltimore, please stay safe and at home

Thanks, Andy.

I was in midtown Baltimore all day today for an event at the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.

No problems there at all... but on the west side of the city....yikes. Very, very sad.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

Been wanting to post this since this thread began. Held off because I don't have all the answers, but this could bring back memories for some.

If you can name all the corps, left to right, yer good. Very good.

I know the year, location, but not all the DM's/Corps. Well, I do know at least one. :)

If nothing else, it should lead to some conversation here.

Have at it:

1962%20Mosque01.jpg

Edited by gsksun4

I believe the first DM in line is Al LaRoca from Blessed Sacrament ... circa 62-63 ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Thanks Andy!

We're on the Eastern Shore of MD. (About 1 1/2 hrs from the west side of Baltimore) And through Fran is north of the city he was in Baltimore yesterday. Mid town area but that doesn't mean the rioters wouldn't leave the west side....

(I read his posts, here and FB, great to hear all went well! :thumbs-up: )

"Drum Corps News Qualifier 1962":

I actually still have the issue of DCN that this shot appeared in. The contest was a mid-winter standstill hosted by DCN. The top four finishers St Catherin's Queesmen, Blessed Sacrament,, Garfield Cadets and Selden Cadets moved on to the DCN "Finals in New Haven Ct.

The DM standing next to Al LaRoca is from the St Catherin's Queensmen.

The other "Qualifier was held in Boston MA at the Garden and won by the Cambridge Caballeros. That shows top four included St Kevin's Emarald Knights, IC Reveries and St Raphael's Buccaneers.

The Finals of the DCN winter series Garfield Cadets (Who won), Blessed Sacrament, St Kevins Emerald Knights, Cambridge Caballeros, St Catherine's, IC Reveries, Selden Cadets and St Raphaels Buccaneers.

This show was held "Back in the Day" when drum corps was a year round activity.

Elphaba

Thanks Andy!

We're on the Eastern Shore of MD. (About 1 1/2 hrs from the west side of Baltimore) And through Fran is north of the city he was in Baltimore yesterday. Mid town area but that doesn't mean the rioters wouldn't leave the west side....

(I read his posts, here and FB, great to hear all went well! :thumbs-up: )

The symphony hall is technically on the west side... a couple of blocks west of Charles Street, which is the city's east-west divider... but still a couple of miles away, at least, from where the problems were Monday.

The ride home from Monday's event was actually a lot easier than some of my other trips out of the city. LOL. An hour or so after rush hour was over.

• Like 1

The other "Qualifier was held in Boston MA at the Garden and won by the Cambridge Caballeros. That shows top four included St Kevin's Emarald Knights, IC Reveries and St Raphael's Buccaneers.

Elphie ... the above show was held on Jan 26, 1962 ... St. Ann's (Bpt) was also in the show ... were you there? ... was that before the "split" to the Royal Lancers?