What are some Drum Corps only Jargon

"Hose it" = water or simplify a drum part that is tic'n or fuzzin' (suffering from some clarity problems). :laughing:

And when your in the line it's - "we got hosed" :ph34r:

This is a French drum corps expression - but sounds funny in English too:

When we needed to run a part of the show in an arc to lock down tempos - We called the shape "Banana" in French (en banane) - cause of the way we had a huge curved arc - so it was always funny to see the new people who didn't understand when the staff yelled "OK everyone in a banana so we can run through this!

Another sort of drum corps thing (in guards anyway) is how we always yelled "25" when ever anyone dropped anything (meaning 25 push ups). Not so funny when I got back to school and someone dropped a book and I yelled out "25" - no one knew what I was talking about!

Later,

Mike

how about this old one from BITD when virtually no one knew how to read music: "fingering" As in could you show me the fingering for that part?

In our corps, anyway, if we were in the middle of the drill during rehearsals, the Drum Major or Drill Instructor would yell: "Formation A!" and we would all run back to the "starting line."

Puppet

how about this old one from BITD when virtually no one knew how to read music: "fingering" As in could you show me the fingering for that part?

In our corps, anyway, if we were in the middle of the drill during rehearsals, the Drum Major or Drill Instructor would yell: "Formation A!" and we would all run back to the "starting line."

Puppet

Having watched a few St Rita's rehearsals on Randall's Island, I can attest that when Carmen Cluna said 'Formation A', they DID run back to the starting line at full speed. Tymps too, with the drums held over their heads as they made tracks to the starting line. Carmen was certainly one of the main reasons St Ritas was such a well disciplined contender in the junior corps arena.

Ray

"Feathers Up!"