1975 RCA Cmpionships

This contest was held in Hamilton Ontario and sadly it was not recorded (to my knowledge) by the folks that were usually in Erie recording the RCA championships. Does anyone know of recordings of the championship or others from 1975 RCA contests?

Edited by John Scott

This contest was held in Hamilton Ontario and sadly it was not recorded (to my knowledge) by the folks that were usually in Erie recording the RCA championships. Does anyone know of recordings of the championship or others from 1975 RCA contests?

Alf Wateska's son has them all archived I'm told,.........

Hey guys,

Those Alf Wateska recordings are now in the Historic CD releases by Drum Corps World newspaper....The 1975 RCA Championships are not listed/have not been released.?.?.? You may be able to get the info you need by contacting the newspaper - www.drumcorpsworld.com - From what I have heard, Fran Wateska is working with Steve Vickers for all of his fathers recording.....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

John G

yeah as more get converted to cd, Steve lists them on DCW

• 3 weeks later...
Those Alf Wateska recordings are now in the Historic CD releases by Drum Corps World newspaper....The 1975 RCA Championships are not listed/have not been released.?.?.? You may be able to get the info you need by contacting the newspaper - www.drumcorpsworld.com - From what I have heard, Frank Wateska is working with Steve Vickers for all of his fathers recording.....

....and I do the archiving and restoration work for them.

Unfortunately, Alf did not make the trip to Hamilton, ONT, to record the 1975 RCA Championships. His only senior coverage in '75 was at the Midland, PA, show, which is available on CD (#7501 - "Independence Day Celebration"). He did record RCA Championships 1970-1974 and 1976, all six of which were held in Erie, PA.

I would be interested in salvaging any recordings of the missing RCA corps from 1975, 1977, or other years. I have secondhand copies of a few of them, but don't know where the originals came from.

Unfortunately, Alf did not make the trip to Hamilton, ONT, to record the 1975 RCA Championships. His only senior coverage in '75 was at the Midland, PA, show, which is available on CD (#7501 - "Independence Day Celebration"). He did record RCA Championships 1970-1974 and 1976, all six of which were held in Erie, PA.

I would be interested in salvaging any recordings of the missing RCA corps from 1975, 1977, or other years. I have secondhand copies of a few of them, but don't know where the originals came from.

Any chance of any video footage of the 76 RCA Championships anywhere to be found, I would love to get some Grennies in particular.

Jeff Adams

Any chance of any video footage of the 76 RCA Championships anywhere to be found, I would love to get some Grennies in particular.

Jeff Adams

That would be quite a find! I too would be interested in that!

Edited by Storkysr

It would be great to see vidio of ANY of the RCA shows.

Would you happen to have the 1975 Imperial Knights from Sudbury, Ontario show? I was with the corps from its inception until the end of the 1975 season and have recordings of all their RCA years except 1975.

Edited by John Scott

It would be great to see vidio of ANY of the RCA shows.

I don't think the home Camcorder came out for the general public until 1981 so you may be looking for something on Super 8.