Barbara Maroney for Cadets HOF

Gentlemen,

All of the above comments are appreciated and understood by the Holy Name Cadets Alumni of ALL ages, however, you need to realize that we do have a 75 year long membership roster to choose from. That makes these selections a little more..................arduous? that and the fact that these inductions have not been ongoing for that long, nor consistently.

Dude,

You should be doing cartwheels. No one is calling for George's exorcism or cursing about narration, or even mentioning evil clarinets! It don't get much better than this for the C team!!!

Take a deep breath and enjoy the break...

It's only life. How serious can it be?

Gentlemen,

All of the above comments are appreciated and understood by the Holy Name Cadets Alumni of ALL ages, however, you need to realize that we do have a 75 year long membership roster to choose from. That makes these selections a little more..................arduous? that and the fact that these inductions have not been ongoing for that long, nor consistently.

Here's the thing. The reason there are Halls Of Fame is to show our appreciation for those we marched with or marched against.

The reason they are talked about, written about and will continue to be spoken of as the best at what they did for their corps, and how in awe we even as competitors loved their verve, their zeal and applauded their individual competitive spirit; They, Barbara in particular are the reason some one, some where decided there needed to be a special kind of citation. Barbara will throughout time to anyone who ever stood with their mouth down to their chin while she played will remember her in our hearts. Point is: For a member like her, time should not be an issue.

Puppet

• 2 months later...
Here's the thing. The reason there are Halls Of Fame is to show our appreciation for those we marched with or marched against.

The reason they are talked about, written about and will continue to be spoken of as the best at what they did for their corps, and how in awe we even as competitors loved their verve, their zeal and applauded their individual competitive spirit; They, Barbara in particular are the reason some one, some where decided there needed to be a special kind of citation. Barbara will throughout time to anyone who ever stood with their mouth down to their chin while she played will remember her in our hearts. Point is: For a member like her, time should not be an issue.

Puppet

The 2009 inductees were announced on July 6th at the Cadets show. I've managed to miss any announcements listing who was selected for recognition on August 1. Did Barb make it? Anyone know?

Nevermind. Found it:

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=17064

An impressive class.

Looks like we've got time to rally behind her again for next year's induction.

Edited by Scooter Pirtle

The 2009 inductees were announced on July 6th at the Cadets show. I've managed to miss any announcements listing who was selected for recognition on August 1. Did Barb make it? Anyone know?

Nevermind. Found it:

An impressive class.

Trust me...I'll probably be resubmitting the same letter I did originally.

I STILL say Barb not being in is a travesty.

Nevermind. Found it:

An impressive class.

I voted for her and I'll vote for her next year if I can. I think what HNCadet was trying to get across is that with 75 years of alumni, it's very possible that we have 50 years worth of alum who aren't as familiar with Barbara as with other candidates.

I agree she belongs in the HOF and I think she will...it's just a matter of timing.

84BDsop....thanks for rallying and getting her nominated. I really appreciated all you did!

I voted for her and I'll vote for her next year if I can. I think what HNCadet was trying to get across is that with 75 years of alumni, it's very possible that we have 50 years worth of alum who aren't as familiar with Barbara as with other candidates.

I agree she belongs in the HOF and I think she will...it's just a matter of timing.

84BDsop....thanks for rallying and getting her nominated. I really appreciated all you did!

I absolutely agree and understand. My knowledge of the Cadets organization is from the perspective of a fan who was introduced to the activity in 1980. I don't envy the task of those who have the privilege (and the challenge) of choosing between so many qualified and deserving alumni to honor.

But here's a subtle suggestion...

Maroney22%20copy.png

Edited by Scooter Pirtle

Subtle it ain't...but very effective, Mr. Pirtle. :sad:

I'd be happy to resubmit a letter on Barbara's behalf next year too.

Cheers!

Karen

Ya know, induction to ALL these halls of fame are hard to predict or anticipate. They're always an honor, and sometimes a puzzle.

Barbara has though, with or without anyone's HofFame the closest thing that drum corps has to immortality - during the lifetimes of the folks who sat mezmerized listening to her play, none of us, not a one, will ever forget her.

Not sure I'd trade that for membership in any hall.

For all of you Barbara fans, I posted a 1984 interview with her on a predominant (yet unnameable) internet video hosting site.

Search and you shall find. :sad:

For all of you Barbara fans, I posted a 1984 interview with her on a predominant (yet unnameable) internet video hosting site.

Search and you shall find. :sad:

Thanks, Dave! Where did this one come from?? I've never seen it before.