Barbara Maroney for Cadets HOF

There have been great players throughout the Cadet History, those who spent 12 or 13 Years as a member BITD .From what I understand , does not fit in any criteria for HOF. From what I understand it has to do with above and beyond being a member, staff, volunteer etc etc. Even though some have maybe even been the best of the best going through the corps maybe it's not above and beyond.

If this is the case-- I sense something ain't right. That's my personal thoughts on that. Barb also taught with Jim Prime, Jr, later on, etc. I could likely go on if post Cadets career is supposed to be some kind of yardstick. Just-- something ain't right there. Folks can criticize or pillory my feelings on it, but-- knowing Barb personally and interacting with her as an individual and musician as I was lucky to have done so- you won't change my mind on this. I should be changing their minds if they disagree on the subject, actually. :glare:

• Like 1

If this is the case-- I sense something ain't right. That's my personal thoughts on that. Barb also taught with Jim Prime, Jr, later on, etc. I could likely go on if post Cadets career is supposed to be some kind of yardstick. Just-- something ain't right there. Folks can criticize or pillory my feelings on it, but-- knowing Barb personally and interacting with her as an individual and musician as I was lucky to have done so- you won't change my mind on this. I should be changing their minds if they disagree on the subject, actually. :glare:

There's nothing to change anyones mind about. If this is how they pick HOFers and each corps probably has their own set of criteria, then that's it. It's not a matter of something ain't right. It all come down to ( as I understand it ) of what one does for the corp above and beyond. Members are supposed to be the best and afterward if one succeeds that's great BUT again how did it benefit the corps. She no doubt is a great person and no denying the talent but is this criteria? WELL , I THINK SOMEONE ANSWERED THAT. THE Cadets HOF committee. As another poster said ONLY past members can even nominate.

I get ya, I truly do BUT I don't see any point getting all up in it when obviously the ones who hold this power within their own organization set the rules why anyone outside question it.

I know a person from there also who was bitd the only member to reach 13 years as a member ( I think 13 or 14) obviously from a very young kid bitd, family very involved very good member and horn and they also thought for all that and the longest to ever be in the corps they should make this HOF. Nope, they were a member period and chose to be in that long and didnt do much themselves in way of above and beyond.

Bottom line , it's their criteria. JMO

PS: But i do get where you might be coming from.

Edited by GUARDLING

It's not a matter of something ain't right. It all come down to ( as I understand it ) of what one does for the corp above and beyond. Members are supposed to be the best and afterward if one succeeds that's great BUT again how did it benefit the corps.

For some reason the first thought that came to mind was donation amounts. Don't know if she ever was a tech after aging out.

30+ years later people are still talking about Barbara Maroney. So many remember what she brought to the field - fans far beyond the Cadets organization.

I think she's in another HOF altogether...

This is very true. One also has to remember if criteria is not met or changed for an individual ( although deserving ) it opens a can of worms for probably alot more people. BUT you are right

For some reason the first thought that came to mind was donation amounts. Don't know if she ever was a tech after aging out.

She went with Zingali and Prime to Blue Knights before Z and P went to Star. Not well remembered that they were there for a year or two before Star appeared. Comment regarding $$ is noted. :wink: