5 replies to this topic

#1 Northern Thunder

Northern Thunder

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:48 AM

Next month will be the 41st anniversary of the murder of 13-year-old Jacalyn Harp, who was strangled with her own leather flag carrier after she left practice for the Midland Park, NJ Imperial Knights All-Girls Drum & Bugle Corps.

Nobody has been charged in the case, although one guy's name has surfaced often as a possible suspect. He is a suspect in many other unsolved murders of that era.

Here is a small piece about it on a crime sleuths website:

Jacalyn Harp
Brian Tolzmann
Drum Corps World--staff writer, 1984-present
"The Amazing World of Drum Corps" column
Drum Corps News--staff writer, 1977-1984
Drum Corps Information Archives--founder, 1977
North American Drum Corps Enthusiasts--founder, 1971

#2 KeithHall

KeithHall

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

Time for "Cold Case."

Next month will be the 41st anniversary of the murder of 13-year-old Jacalyn Harp, who was strangled with her own leather flag carrier after she left practice for the Midland Park, NJ Imperial Knights All-Girls Drum & Bugle Corps.

Nobody has been charged in the case, although one guy's name has surfaced often as a possible suspect. He is a suspect in many other unsolved murders of that era.

Here is a small piece about it on a crime sleuths website:

Jacalyn Harp

Keith Hall

What is Hip?

#3 Northern Thunder

Northern Thunder

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

I've been following this case for decades, since I first read about it in Drum Corps News.
Hard to believe that nothing has helped to solve this crime.
Brian Tolzmann

#4 Brittany Mendoza

Brittany Mendoza

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

I was researching this case for a forensic science course( I' m trying to go into profiling)  I took last summer however this case really stuck with me.. When I first started I didn't really research it thoroughly I honestly only got what I needed to get the assignment done but its left such an impact and has been at the back of my mind for about a year I honestly feel like I own it to her to put more effort into researching her case.. as my instructor said this is a common response to first cases however when I get my credentials this will be the first unsolved case I  jump for until then I'm just going to do all the research I can 

#5 Northern Thunder

Northern Thunder

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

When you think about it, any number of people could have done it.  When it is known that an all-girl corps is practicing at the same

location at the same time each week, a deranged person could have planned weeks ahead for just the right opportunity to abduct a young girl

who may be walking home from practice.  Then again it may very well have been the guy whose name was often mentioned, since he was later suspected of other murders of young girls in the area.

Brian Tolzmann

#6 Brittany Mendoza

Brittany Mendoza

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

yes but the way she was both murdered and disposed of doesn't suggest he had known her or even known of her, she was strangled with her guard case this suggest a sexual sadist, and or power orientated. Since her garments were tapered with I am personally leaning more to sexual sadist. For the fact that he used the guard case suggest that he didn't have a personal relationship with her, because if he did he would have wanted her death to be more intimate and would have used his hands. The fact that he dumped her body in an open area suggest hes not a native of the town. If he was he would have disposed of her body in a more discreet place for fear of it leading back to him. 

Edited by Brittany Mendoza, 21 June 2014 - 12:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.