934 replies to this topic

#781 hughesmr

hughesmr

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

Hmmm. Now that pits are amped and we're all #####in' about how loud they are, has anyone thought that now we could put the pit on the back sideline?
Mike in OH

#782 TerriTroop

TerriTroop

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

This encore... this song and BK DOES NOT COMPUTE!!! *fizzle* *pop*

hahahaha! I love it. :tongue:
Terri
Nighthawks 1983-84
Troopers 1985-86, 1988
Trooper pit arranger/instructor 1992

The pleasure we feel in music springs from the obedience which is in it. -- Thoreau

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. -- Plato

Tribute to Sean McRatigan, and the Troopers (5 minute video)

#783 Tez

Tez

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

So many negative comments tonight....... I really enjoyed all the shows.

I feel like I have very high standards (I have a masters degree in music), but some of you just have such a narrow range of what you like/accept.... try to have a more open mind and you'll be a much happier person.

#784 pags

pags

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

Hmmm. Now that pits are amped and we're all #####in' about how loud they are, has anyone thought that now we could put the pit on the back sideline?

No, my fear would be they'd just turn it up more!

#785 trumpetcam

trumpetcam

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Don't know about Chandler, but I would come to Rockford for that. Of course, then their color guard would finish last in WC.

Well, they are on pace for 12th or 13th, so maybe you might have a case for the gig next year. :tongue:
Meadow HS "Fighting Falcon" Band - Alumni 77'
"Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beer-Holder"

#786 rainshdw

rainshdw

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

ok...so is it that hard for DCI to offer two different camera angles for thier webcast's? like maybe 1 full-time High Angle and 1 Multi Angle? I mean really...how hard is it. the multi angle director was killing me...just killing me

#787 ohwiseone

ohwiseone

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

I feel like I have very high standards (I have a masters degree in music), but some of you just have such a narrow range of what you like/accept.... try to have a more open mind and you'll be a much happier person.

you should go find the rant i went off on a couple pages back
I have never marched, Which means I am probably just talking out of my butt.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#788 Treefidy

Treefidy

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :worthy: :worthy: I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe even outside the stadium behind the grand stands.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#789 TerriTroop

TerriTroop

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,014 posts

me too, both in the degrees and enjoyment factor. I am a pretty happy drum corps fan except for one thing. TOO MUCH SYNTH. Just too much.
Terri
Nighthawks 1983-84
Troopers 1985-86, 1988
Trooper pit arranger/instructor 1992

The pleasure we feel in music springs from the obedience which is in it. -- Thoreau

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. -- Plato

Tribute to Sean McRatigan, and the Troopers (5 minute video)

#790 GreenTrumpetier

GreenTrumpetier

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

i really did like all the shows the only thing i didnt like is all the synth lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.