The Denver Diner

Didn't Chuck Norris support Mike Huckabee for pres, enough said.

And your point is...........? :thumbdown:

Edited by Plan9

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is where I am encouraged as far as the Colts are concerned.....I've been looking at this and wondering what is causing them to fall back some. Then I looked at the visual performance caption. I see that the Colts scored very low here and have been having some difficulty in this caption along the way. Basically it was a .70 difference last night. Here's why I'm encouraged about this. Bob Smith. Bob is the new visual caption head this year. Most of you will recognize Bob as being a leader in the Visual field with many many years of leading the Phantom Regiment visual program to the top of the heap or close to it along the way. From an execution standpoint Bob will get these kids up to snuff. With all of the changes they have been incorporating into the show my hope is these will start cleaning up and this caption will improve immensely. God forbid there is a ML bias...

But they're already clean. The problem is that they don't move much. Even Todd Ryan can't clean standstill.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show. But from a demand standpoint, it seems designed to max out at box 4.

Well here is where I am encouraged as far as the Colts are concerned.....I've been looking at this and wondering what is causing them to fall back some. Then I looked at the visual performance caption. I see that the Colts scored very low here and have been having some difficulty in this caption along the way. Basically it was a .70 difference last night. Here's why I'm encouraged about this. Bob Smith. Bob is the new visual caption head this year. Most of you will recognize Bob as being a leader in the Visual field with many many years of leading the Phantom Regiment visual program to the top of the heap or close to it along the way. From an execution standpoint Bob will get these kids up to snuff. With all of the changes they have been incorporating into the show my hope is these will start cleaning up and this caption will improve immensely. God forbid there is a ML bias...

I got a little lost with the show concept...but I will look at the VOD again. Their sound is full and very impressive. Great brass and music score. I love Troopers this year but after hearing the Colts I understand why they are in the hunt. :thumbdown:

Oh boy I was laughing my butt of watching the other DMs and guard sergants faces as the marched on the field

behind the Troopers DM they were smiling but it was a ticked off kind of smile very funny and when the announcer

said after the scores that they ( DMs ) could leave at their leisure they all booked also very funny 11 :thumbdown:

Edited by rudi man

But they're already clean. The problem is that they don't move much. Even Todd Ryan can't clean standstill.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show. But from a demand standpoint, it seems designed to max out at box 4.

Sorry, I really don't think they are clean and their execution scores seem to reflect that as well. With that being said, I have been a proponent of more movement at times and I here the concern raised about them standing and playing....comparitevly speaking, I haven't found them to be doing that more than others in their "tier" with perhaps the exception of Madison. We'll see how that shakes out.

Edited by bmroth1

Anybody named Bob Smith gets my vote.

(BTW - no relation.)

The Cavaliers scores are refreshing for this fan to see. I always thought DCP was underrating them this year. After all, they tied Cadets in the only meeting of the two so far, and placed closer to Crown than the Cadets were able to, yet much of DCP still puts Cadets on a tier above the Cavaliers, the former as title contenders but not the latter. I don't know if this is a championship show, but I feel very good about staying top three.

Sorry, I really don't think they are clean and their execution scores seem to reflect that as well. With that being said, I have been a proponent of more movement at times and I here the concern raised about them standing and playing....comparitevly speaking, I haven't found them to be doing that more than others in their "tier" with perhaps the exception of Madison. We'll see how that shakes out.

There isn't really a pure "execution" score anymore. The subcaptions are supposed to reflect design and performance, but it's not a categorical distinction. If you don't have the demand, you cannot get a perfect score in performance even if it's technically flawless.

The Cavaliers scores are refreshing for this fan to see. I always thought DCP was underrating them this year. After all, they tied Cadets in the only meeting of the two so far, and placed closer to Crown than the Cadets were able to, yet much of DCP still puts Cadets on a tier above the Cavaliers, the former as title contenders but not the latter. I don't know if this is a championship show, but I feel very good about staying top three.

Looking at the scores, I think you're right. I don't like any of it except the opener, but they've got lots of room for pretty big growth in several captions. It's going to be interesting to see what judges decide to reward this year.

God be with those children's souls. :thumbdown: oh the stories about Bob Smith i've heard. he'll get them up to snuff all right...and scare the you-know-what out of them!

Edited by chaos001