The history of the Westshoremen

"Of the people that I knew as ring chasers one followed the other, this person is ALWAYS around, and is annoying!"

I have a feeling we're speaking about the same individual. :thumbup:

Oh, I'm certain you know! :devil:

I didn't come up with the term "Chumley Drums" for no good reason. :thumbup::worthy:

I have to go see Harrisburg PD on the trail of my stuff. Seems this goober was arrested for a DUI in his clunker, which I helped him get running, and also warned him he needed to get it inspected... (Boom is laughing because I did sound like Dad when I told him) well he evidently got busted for DUI, no insurance, no registration, no drivers liscence. My guess is his crappy Saturn's impounded and I'll ask if they found stolen property in it.

The most recent tote sheet on this guy:

1 stolen electric buggy from the New Cumberland Giant

50 pounds of meat and poultry from the Camp Hill Giant in several raids, using a Taxi as his getaway car.

Stealing 225+ buxx of stuff from me

Check fraud/forgery

Stolen Credit card from another tenant in my building.

Lemme tell you- A lot of this is petty, but it does add up, and I hope they keep him in the freakin hoosegow and not take pity on him this time. The Forgery can get him up to 10 years in jail or as little as probation. Regardless of whether this guy has to use a cane and limps-- regardless of whether the crimes are non-violent, he's rackin' them up! At least they've had him in Cumberland County jail since the 16thish. And they need to KEEP him there! :tongue:

You guys got to corner me after practice or whever we hang out after, I'll fill you all in on this stuff, crazy, surreal, frustrating, and entertaining all at once!

I'd advise him to take knee pads and Preparation H to county :blink: But with that sort of rap sheet, I'd be willing to think he may end up at on the hill. I just hope you get your gear back.

Edited by Jaminbenb

Hell yeah they did.

Steve think about this...you came in in 91...a crap year. 92, tons of talent, bad design. 93...what were you guys gonna do with Yanni???

But you weren't a ring chaser.

Go listen to any of the alumni recordings where we play stuff from any of the years you allw ere in...and you aren't on stage with us.

now go listen to the originals.

there is a HUGE difference, and that's because of you guys. you guys WERE the groove, the feel, the soul, the heartbeat. None of 95-97 works without Awesome Alley. You led the way in groove, you guys were also good at something very under spoken of...loosening Dan up. We could be out there doing percussion ensemble, getting our ##### kicked, you guys cracka joke or 2,and boom...Dan chilled, and it was less ### kicking. Never Underestimate what any of you brought to the corps, and none of you will EVER be considered ring chasers by those of us there at the time.

There 3-4 people, and not in the percussion section. We'll talk

When you have Sandy, Dave and I up at 9 in the morning (We're not known as "morning" people) playing 8 on a hand on congas, timbales and bongos... THAT'S saying something. LOLOL! I liked the 91 season, by the way. I was on a "mission" to prove that steel drums could be effective instrumentation, in a front ensemble. We proved that. :) Do you remember those big silver hoop earrings that Crista and the other two girls wore in 1990? I have one of those earrings! :) If I didn't go to Westshore in 1991, I would have missed seeing Pappy and the Maryland crew grilling burgers in his van, WHILE THEY WERE DRIVING ON THE INTERSTATE! Those guys were nuts! And watched Poole drink that nasty water the conga heads were soaking in all night, for 5 dollars in "prize money". :blink:

Oh! Ring chasers don't annoy me as much as "freeloaders". I've had a few of them "hop in the minivan". (NOT the Brothers! We were a team in every sense of the word.) Freeloaders smoke your cigarettes, drink your beverages, hit you up for cash and have no gas money to offer. and they don't pay you back. :thumbdown:

Oh! Ring chasers don't annoy me as much as "freeloaders". I've had a few of them "hop in the minivan". (NOT the Brothers! We were a team in every sense of the word.) Freeloaders smoke your cigarettes, drink your beverages, hit you up for cash and have no gas money to offer. and they don't pay you back. :thumbdown:

Oh, so you've MET Bowser :blink:

When you have Sandy, Dave and I up at 9 in the morning (We're not known as "morning" people) playing 8 on a hand on congas, timbales and bongos... THAT'S saying something. LOLOL! I liked the 91 season, by the way. I was on a "mission" to prove that steel drums could be effective instrumentation, in a front ensemble. We proved that. :) Do you remember those big silver hoop earrings that Crista and the other two girls wore in 1990? I have one of those earrings! :) If I didn't go to Westshore in 1991, I would have missed seeing Pappy and the Maryland crew grilling burgers in his van, WHILE THEY WERE DRIVING ON THE INTERSTATE! Those guys were nuts! And watched Poole drink that nasty water the conga heads were soaking in all night, for 5 dollars in "prize money". :blink:

Poole would do anything once. literally.

and yeah the pit #####es and their big hoops and Jersey'd up hair...Dear God

:spitting:

It is what it is... :shutup:

Poole would do anything once. literally.

and yeah the pit #####es and their big hoops and Jersey'd up hair...Dear God

That was one guy I really didn't like a whole lot.