#6711 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

DCI seems to be opening up to all aspects of the activity

Let's hope.....heck, you could open up a museum with stuff from the old Dream show alone! I have a program somewhere from one of the milestone years, that has a LOT of historical pictures and info in it. I was able to see one of the last ones in Roosevelt Stadium, what a cool place! :thumbup:
Let's get specific here:

1978 Hershey Chocolatiers - toms
1979 Westshoremen- marching timpani
1980 Westshoremen- marching timpani
1981 Westshoremen- toms
1982 Westshoremen- toms
1983 Westshoremen- toms
1984 Westshoremen- snare/toms/baritone! (until early June)

1984 Reading Buccaneers- pit (June until September)
1985 Reading Buccaneers- toms (again!)
1988 Reading Buccaneers- pit

1989- present Normal

"The Drummer Formerly Known as Chumley"

#6712 TennTux

TennTux

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Let's hope.....heck, you could open up a museum with stuff from the old Dream show alone! I have a program somewhere from one of the milestone years, that has a LOT of historical pictures and info in it. I was able to see one of the last ones in Roosevelt Stadium, what a cool place! :thumbup:

Posted ImagePosted Image That is was....

When I see Pepe again and he asks "Did'ca eva march da Dream" I can say "Why yes, I did!"

Heck, I even know what a "Dundalk" is! Posted Image

Lynn Continentals, Lynn, MA., 1963-1968, Bari
Boston Crusaders, Boston, MA., 1969, Bari
Renegades, Everett, MA. (RCA), 1970-1973, Bari
CT.Hurricanes, Shelton, CT., 1974, Color Guard, Rifle Line
Sunrisers, L.I., 1975-1976 Color Guard Capt. and Asst. DM
Sunrisers, L.I.., 1977-1979 Honor Guard/Asst "Uncle Nick"
Sunrisers, L.I., 1980-1985, DM

Reilly Raiders, Willow Grove, PA, 2010-Present, Support Staff
SHOF, Class of 2005
Retired OLD guy!
"My shirts however, will remain in the key of WTF..." ~ Fran Haring
2011 GOT Forum ROTY

#6713 BigW

BigW

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

I marched da Dream but only after it moved to Rutgas. At least Ben and I can say we won one of them. :thumbup:

Jeff mentioned Ron wasn't allowed to play in the late '80's- the one pic of him at the gathering showed him performing in that late 80's era in uniform, and he pretended very well then. :worthy:

I know things like that happened at least into the early '90's. I think Sky '92 had some really new folks on board for prelims. The one comment I remember about that run was that there was some "bumper people" going on out there, I'll keep the source of that for the party in Hanover. :shutup:

I know the Cabs BITD had some guys called the "Super-subs" who could get into the show and fill holes when necessary for them. IIRC pretty capable and experienced old-schooler guys, too.

I know Mom Rohrbach even did a performance run with us early season at Yale in '83 to fill a hole. Gutsy run, too.

Edited by BigW, 07 March 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#6714 Fran Haring

Fran Haring

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

I know Mom Rohrbach even did a performance run with us early season at Yale in '83 to fill a hole. Gutsy run, too.

Anyone hear from Mom anytime recently? Last I heard... this was a few years ago... is that she had either moved back, or was thinking of moving back, to PA.

She was a wonderful lady.
Sacred Heart Crusaders (NJ) 1971-1976
Sunrisers 1977-1982
Various stuff since then

"As God as my witness... I thought turkeys could fly." From WKRP In Cincinnati

"I said no water for HIM!!!!!!" From Ben-Hur

"I ain't gettin' on no time machine!" The ABA's Spirits of St. Louis center Marvin "Bad News" Barnes, refusing to board a team flight that was scheduled to arrive at 7:56 PM in St. Louis (Central Time) after departing from Kentucky at 8 PM (Eastern Time).

#6715 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

I marched da Dream but only after it moved to Rutgas. At least Ben and I can say we won one of them. :thumbup:

Yeah 1982 Dream at Rutgers (I was at 1978 in JC...awesome show!) ....I don't recall what years after they left Jersey City that they had juniors performing, I THINK they did it every other year due to DCI scheduling...IIRC, 81 was the first away from Jersey City and I think it was junior-less, and it was at Giants Stadium...Corps Reps isn't really helping much with it after that....they don't list '79, but I don't know for sure...I'll have to try to dig out my program to see what year it was and what was listed....
Let's get specific here:

1978 Hershey Chocolatiers - toms
1979 Westshoremen- marching timpani
1980 Westshoremen- marching timpani
1981 Westshoremen- toms
1982 Westshoremen- toms
1983 Westshoremen- toms
1984 Westshoremen- snare/toms/baritone! (until early June)

1984 Reading Buccaneers- pit (June until September)
1985 Reading Buccaneers- toms (again!)
1988 Reading Buccaneers- pit

1989- present Normal

"The Drummer Formerly Known as Chumley"

#6716 hairbear

hairbear

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

I will NOT set foot in that building until Rush is in.

Dont! I went 9 years ago when I played in Cleveland. What to do on a Saturday afternoon in Cleveland? Go to the rock and roll hall of fame... Yeah right! They had BRITNEY SPEARS stage costume(s) on display!! and the Backstreet Boys, as well. I wanted my money back. :devil:
hairbear

Sandy McNeal. The best friend I ever had, or ever will have.

My Brother. Sometimes frustrating, always fun to be with, eternally in my heart.

DCA Showmanship award winner in 1985, 1986 and 1990.

DCA World Champion in 1996

PADCHOF Lifetime member.

Rest in Peace.

#6717 JimF-LowBari

JimF-LowBari

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,524 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Dont! I went 9 years ago when I played in Cleveland. What to do on a Saturday afternoon in Cleveland? Go to the rock and roll hall of fame... Yeah right! They had BRITNEY SPEARS stage costume(s) on display!! and the Backstreet Boys, as well. I wanted my money back. :devil:

Years ago we went to the Hard Rock in Baltimore. Music they played sucked but around the corner from the entrance (IOW hidden) was a guitar signed by Lemmy Killmister of Motorhead.

Signature stared out: "Hey ###holes..." and I laughed too hard to read the rest.

Weird two items I caught on Verizons Music Choice channels....

1) Jaggerz (one hit wonder "The Rapper" ca 1970) has an exhibit at the State Museum in Harrisburg. :blink:

2) Mecco (Meco?) the schmuck who had the Disco Star Wars hit and later did "Time Machine" (remember Ben) that killed his career is from Johnsonburg, PA. Ugh... bad RCA show memories there with cops and J-burg Diplomats.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari, 07 March 2012 - 06:18 PM.

Keystone Kavaliers 73-74 (3 months)
Westshoremen 74-79,84-85 Alumni 04
Hanover Lancers 04-11
Low Bari - Did't play lead and 5'6"

#6718 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157,843 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Bill Ives has a ton of historical stuff.....DCI let him set it up in the basement of the Thunder Dome in 2010. Dunno about last year

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.

#6719 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157,843 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Jeff mentioned Ron wasn't allowed to play in the late '80's- the one pic of him at the gathering showed him performing in that late 80's era in uniform, and he pretended very well then. :worthy:

I know things like that happened at least into the early '90's. I think Sky '92 had some really new folks on board for prelims. The one comment I remember about that run was that there was some "bumper people" going on out there, I'll keep the source of that for the party in Hanover. :shutup:

I know the Cabs BITD had some guys called the "Super-subs" who could get into the show and fill holes when necessary for them. IIRC pretty capable and experienced old-schooler guys, too.

Hell it happens now in some places

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

#6720 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157,843 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Yeah 1982 Dream at Rutgers (I was at 1978 in JC...awesome show!) ....I don't recall what years after they left Jersey City that they had juniors performing, I THINK they did it every other year due to DCI scheduling...IIRC, 81 was the first away from Jersey City and I think it was junior-less, and it was at Giants Stadium...Corps Reps isn't really helping much with it after that....they don't list '79, but I don't know for sure...I'll have to try to dig out my program to see what year it was and what was listed....

79 may have been the famous rain out where Bayonne performed in their raincoats and nothing else

Jeff Ream

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.