The history of the Westshoremen

Ok, Jeff...so retirement is on! Will you be able to do it?

Thinking of Alan and the Younger Brothers reminded me of a funny one... Don't really remember the year, but I was assisting Carlisle's drumline, working with Brian T. Schell an crew....I think it was for Atlantic Coasts, and they were down at Neshaminy or somewhere...so Alan procured the use of his band's nice RV...It was Dave, Brian, Alan, Hershman, Bowser Lori Rabeler and I forget who else... Of course we had "refreshments" for the ride home!

We got about half way down and were told that the show was postponed due to the weather (someone got in contact with us via "CB") So Dave stopped at a rest stop, and made a phone call, and confirmed it. WELL...since we had this alcohol in the coolers, and no show to go to, we decided to start drinking! (well Dave didn't because he had to address the band/parents, once we got back, btu the rest of us were right into it)

After we dismissed the kids, we figured that we still had the RV so we may as well have some fun(and go get dinner somewhere)... So Larry decided that we should run by John Bugosh's house and see if he and his wife wanted to join us...so we pulled up in front of his house and Larry got on the "PA" that was on the bus and started:

"John Bugosh, come out with your hands up, this is the police!" "John Bugosh, we know you're in there, surrender!" We're all DYING! and John's neighbors are all coming out of their houses! it was hilarious! He finally DID come out, and his neighbors knew that he was being messed with, but it was great! (and they went to dinner with us)

I forgot about that one...but after thinking about the pic of Alan on FB, it came right back to me!

• Like 2

Ok, Jeff...so retirement is on! Will you be able to do it?

stay out? I didn't really have time for it this year.

Thinking of Alan and the Younger Brothers reminded me of a funny one... Don't really remember the year, but I was assisting Carlisle's drumline, working with Brian T. Schell an crew....I think it was for Atlantic Coasts, and they were down at Neshaminy or somewhere...so Alan procured the use of his band's nice RV...It was Dave, Brian, Alan, Hershman, Bowser Lori Rabeler and I forget who else... Of course we had "refreshments" for the ride home!

We got about half way down and were told that the show was postponed due to the weather (someone got in contact with us via "CB") So Dave stopped at a rest stop, and made a phone call, and confirmed it. WELL...since we had this alcohol in the coolers, and no show to go to, we decided to start drinking! (well Dave didn't because he had to address the band/parents, once we got back, btu the rest of us were right into it)

After we dismissed the kids, we figured that we still had the RV so we may as well have some fun(and go get dinner somewhere)... So Larry decided that we should run by John Bugosh's house and see if he and his wife wanted to join us...so we pulled up in front of his house and Larry got on the "PA" that was on the bus and started:

"John Bugosh, come out with your hands up, this is the police!" "John Bugosh, we know you're in there, surrender!" We're all DYING! and John's neighbors are all coming out of their houses! it was hilarious! He finally DID come out, and his neighbors knew that he was being messed with, but it was great! (and they went to dinner with us)

I forgot about that one...but after thinking about the pic of Alan on FB, it came right back to me!

people in the neighborhood still talk about it...because it's where I live

• Like 1

people in the neighborhood still talk about it...because it's where I live

OMG....that's great!

Yep. the guy across the street bought a Winnebago for tailgating a few years ago, and a neighbor said "Don't you do what they did to Bugosh". the owner of said Winnebago looked confused, I started laughing, and the person who mentioned it looked at me confused until i told him I knew all of the guilty parties

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Kinda quite in here....

Kinda quite in here....

Yeah, thinking of getting my thoughts together for 1978.... Don't know why I thought of it after 35 years but things really could have gone bad for the future. Missed a lot being at college but drum line really took off with ex-YRs and Flowers/Colletti but horn line still being taught by HS band directors, etc.... Seemed like lot of tension between the horn and drum lines and a real reversal of when the drum line was the suck point to being the best part of the corps. Throw in a book that was half crap and half showed promise that never came about. Wonder what would have happened if Ray Eyler and company had come in a year early......

Yeah we beat Reading twice but only difference between 77 and 78 was going up a position in Finals (wow we beat Erie).

Kinda quite in here....

Beer Snob update....LOL...

I'm not normally a big fan of "fruit beers"... (cherry wheat and so forth)... but Abita makes two fruit-flavored lagers that are, IMO, outstanding... just got around to trying them a couple of months ago. Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager and Abita Purple Haze Lager. Purple Haze is raspberry-flavored.

The strawberry one, in particular, is great. Very light strawberry flavor... not overly sweet at all... and a clean, dry finish. The Purple Haze is slightly sweeter, but still really good.

Neither one is high in ABV (4.2 percent)... so they are good warm-weather "pounding beers." LOL

Speaking of fruit beers....LOL...

Brenda and I are planning to get to the Red Brick Station brewpub near me in the Baltimore suburbs for dinner this weekend.

Their blueberry ale is back for the summer.

That stuff is absolutely great!!!