The history of the Westshoremen

Glad to hear that you are getting back on your feet, and hope you continue to heal, Dub. I knew you were hurting during the "season" but hung in for yourself and the good of the section. Get back on the horn when you are able and don't stop practicing! :soapbox::bigsmile:

When the weight restrictions is off, I plan on getting that piston Rotor out and doing some playing and digging the Euphonium out of a friend's closet- I keep the good horn hidden at a friend's house right now. That's a story in and to itself. Too much wierdness here at this apartment house. The 321 is the only thing I'd really be upset about if it were stolen or blown up.

maybe it's time for a new place

Yeah, Jeff. Been time for a new place, problem is finding one for that price or a locale where you'd be more creeped out. Just a concern when the former Handyman here gets back outta jail he might try to filch stuff out of here, but the locks were changed.

• 1 month later...

guzzz guzzz ga duzzz guzzz guzzz ga duzzz guzzz gzzzzzzzzzzgdak boom. Darn can't even type it let alone play it. Wow, has been forever and a day since I've been here. Some history correction.....everyone seems to think Sunbury?? for birth of Superman. I seem to remember every comp year starting at Clifton, NJ and Danbury, Ct in same weekend. Won't ever forget the reaction from other corps when the announcer came across the PA with.....and in 1st place, with a score of 75.050.....

Ricky Lee....you should have taught me to play poker....might have saved me a few bare trips up n down the bus.

• Like 1

guzzz guzzz ga duzzz guzzz guzzz ga duzzz guzzz gzzzzzzzzzzgdak boom. Darn can't even type it let alone play it. Wow, has been forever and a day since I've been here. Some history correction.....everyone seems to think Sunbury?? for birth of Superman. I seem to remember every comp year starting at Clifton, NJ and Danbury, Ct in same weekend. Won't ever forget the reaction from other corps when the announcer came across the PA with.....and in 1st place, with a score of 75.050.....

Ricky Lee....you should have taught me to play poker....might have saved me a few bare trips up n down the bus.

Wally says open up the left hand!

What all footage is on that 50th anniversary DVD? Anything from, 84, 85, or 88?

But yeah....those two years as much as a lot of people didn't want to admit, were off the charts! (I did get chastised for saying that Sun should have WON in 81 at a Bucs practice in 84....oooo that wasn't a pretty response! hahaha!)

Sun should have won in 81 i couldn't agree with you more on that ,Worse retreat ever ,all corps faced the back of the staduim and walked off the field .Except the Hurricanes

Wally says open up the left hand!

Good call Wally. 16th note pulse on right hand was never an issue......and I'm a lefty!

Bob....thanks. I do miss DC. Here in New Zealand, it's either brass bands or bagpipe & drums....uhhhggg. It's like marching is a disease here. I'm looking to start a drum corps, but equipment is so expensive....roughly 2grand for just a snare, no carriers!

Good call Wally. 16th note pulse on right hand was never an issue......and I'm a lefty!

Bob....thanks. I do miss DC. Here in New Zealand, it's either brass bands or bagpipe & drums....uhhhggg. It's like marching is a disease here. I'm looking to start a drum corps, but equipment is so expensive....roughly 2grand for just a snare, no carriers!

i'll see Wally again Sunday. I'm his older son Jeff