The history of the Westshoremen

Jim, how the heck are you? You need to get your butt on facebook !!!!!

I'll agree with that.....MANSON YOU OLD DOG! WTF? ;-)

You still in the land down under?

Edited by Jaminbenb

Since I'm in here.....

Anyone going to DCI this year? I just got tickets to semi-finals....we have a friend that lives out in Bloomington that we wanted to go out and visit (plus there's an awesome winery not far from his house, and we need to stock up!) So we decided to take in the top 25!

I'm also going to the Rhythm Discovery Center that morning...it has some great historical drum kits (one of Bonhams, and Neil Peart's first Slingerland kit from the "All the World's a Stage" era! )

Edited by Jaminbenb

Heh, can't travel that far. I take day trips, DC area, Philly, Gettysburg, that kind of thing. If there was interest, I'd get a Licensed guide and go down to Gettysburg with some peeps. I did it last summer and covered the second day and was really enlightened.

Antietam is also within like an hour-35 and an easy trip, smaller battlefield.

Since I'm in here.....

Anyone going to DCI this year? I just got tickets to semi-finals....we have a friend that lives out in Bloomington that we wanted to go out and visit (plus there's an awesome winery not far from his house, and we need to stock up!) So we decided to take in the top 25!

I'm also going to the Rhythm Discovery Center that morning...it has some great historical drum kits (one of Bonhams, and Neil Peart's first Slingerland kit from the "All the World's a Stage" era! )

Allentown this weekend, watching finals online

I am going to tell you right now...the drumming is amazing this year!

In fact, SCV is at CV tomorrow...incredible

Heh, can't travel that far. I take day trips, DC area, Philly, Gettysburg, that kind of thing. If there was interest, I'd get a Licensed guide and go down to Gettysburg with some peeps. I did it last summer and covered the second day and was really enlightened.

Antietam is also within like an hour-35 and an easy trip, smaller battlefield.

Eat before you get to Antietam/Sharpsburg. Years back Kris and I did the DC area tour (including Manassas) for a few days and stopped at Antietam on Sunday late morning. Places to eat were either closed or you just didn't want to try it.... Went back 2 towns to find a truck stop.... As much as G-burg got touristy this place went the opposite (at least at the time).

Haven't done the battlefield thing in a while....what's funny is that one of the band directors I worked for years back has a house that's in the middle of the Antietam battlefield, I always thought that was cool!

Oh, day trips for us are like Wildwood these days...ever since we started driving to the Florida Keys, my wife has this "we'll just drive" attitude...which is why Bloomington is on the "we'll drive there" list. The nice thing about driving to the Keys is that I can take all of my dive gear AND tanks! Trying to schlep that stuff on a plane is just a big hassle, and you end up "praying" that it all gets there and back without being re-routed...had some stuff arrive late years back, and that was a HUGE pain!

Been hearing that there were good drumlines this season.. I got LOW tickets! Which is always fun! Any shows that really stick out this year? Haven't heard ANYTHING yet!

I'm also going to the Big Sounds in Motion show, the 1984 line is getting recognized for the 30th anniversary of winning drums (I think they're adding in the 1974 line that Flowers taught since it's kind of convenient, and two of guys were there, too)

I'll be at BSIM as well. The shootout's gonna be a very good one, I think.

Hey I'm liking the fact that there's some actual competition this year! Granted I'm an old Bucs fan from the way back (only started admitting it in 1984) but they've been just overpowering the past several years, and seeing that the Cab's are bringing it, and Fusion Corps seems to be stepping up to the challenge is a good thing!

Speaking of being an old time Buc's fan...I remember the Lewistown show in '79 hanging out with your dad and George and his mom afterwards! Good old times! (not to mention watching DCI at your house...thank God for the rainout, or we'd have missed it!)

Just thinking...speaking of admitting to being a fan...I was a Sun fan since I first saw them in 1978, and only really started admitting it over the past few years while on here...

(still not a Hurricanes fan)

Edited by Jaminbenb

Haven't done the battlefield thing in a while....what's funny is that one of the band directors I worked for years back has a house that's in the middle of the Antietam battlefield, I always thought that was cool!

Oh, day trips for us are like Wildwood these days...ever since we started driving to the Florida Keys, my wife has this "we'll just drive" attitude...which is why Bloomington is on the "we'll drive there" list. The nice thing about driving to the Keys is that I can take all of my dive gear AND tanks! Trying to schlep that stuff on a plane is just a big hassle, and you end up "praying" that it all gets there and back without being re-routed...had some stuff arrive late years back, and that was a HUGE pain!

Been hearing that there were good drumlines this season.. I got LOW tickets! Which is always fun! Any shows that really stick out this year? Haven't heard ANYTHING yet!

I'm also going to the Big Sounds in Motion show, the 1984 line is getting recognized for the 30th anniversary of winning drums (I think they're adding in the 1974 line that Flowers taught since it's kind of convenient, and two of guys were there, too)

i'll be at Big Sounds.

Hopefully I run into some of you guys!

Just read that Joe Itkor is playing timpani for Fusion Corps...