The history of the Westshoremen

More news....just saw on PennLive that Penn State put up a job opening for band director! Dr. Bundy is retiring! I heard that yesterday... My wife went up yesterday with her friend (whom she works with, and went to pharmacy school) whose daughter just got the "Blue Sapphire" spot with the band! She had to go up and get her costume approved by Dr. Bundy, and got to meet him, AND got a tour of the band facility! Pretty wild place from what she told me...I'm hoping I get a tour one of these days!

Hopefully I run into some of you guys!

Just read that Joe Itkor is playing timpani for Fusion Corps...

yeah I saw that too. hmmm, should I heckle...

More news....just saw on PennLive that Penn State put up a job opening for band director! Dr. Bundy is retiring! I heard that yesterday... My wife went up yesterday with her friend (whom she works with, and went to pharmacy school) whose daughter just got the "Blue Sapphire" spot with the band! She had to go up and get her costume approved by Dr. Bundy, and got to meet him, AND got a tour of the band facility! Pretty wild place from what she told me...I'm hoping I get a tour one of these days!

my wife is blue band alum. she may do the alumni band. she was very bummed, but said he deserves it.

Got to see Semifinals...(we were out visiting a friend decided to get at least ONE show in...I chose the bigger of the two)

A few corps stuck out to me...One of my favorites were the Colts...I think they COULD have done with a little LESS narration, I GET that they had to tell their story in order for people to actually get their meaning...but thought they could have pulled it back a tad...music was actually pretty great from my perspective!

Thought the Crossmen were good..wasn't a HUGE fan of their show, but I think it was great that they made it on their 40th anniversary! And thought that they deserved the spot! Good for them!

Madison had a tiny drumline and as usual a LOUD hornline! Great show!

Santa Clara's drumline was just tight..nice stuff to see.

Blue Knights HAD to be my favorite show of the evening! Great music, love the new look, and thought the showw concept was just off the charts! I totally fell in love with them, and was pretty much bummed that I wasn't going to see them again since we weren't going to finals!

Carolina had a great show! They feel like Star of Indiana when they were around in their presentation...nice show, solid hornline!

Cadets? Not a big fan...thought the narration was OVER KILL and it felt like they were hiding a lot while that was going on...come on guys...it's a DRUM CORPS SHOW...let's hear the DRUM CORPS!

Bluecoats are DRUM CORPS! To me them beating Cadets was a bit of a statement...they PLAYED like a drum corps! They had a few little effects that were cute, but the show is just crazy! Loved it!

Devils were just amazing...no two ways about it....not sure I totally agree with the way they score these days, but it was a great show!

Edited by Jaminbenb

my wife is blue band alum. she may do the alumni band. she was very bummed, but said he deserves it.

Good luck! A friend of ours that DOES do the alumni band year after year said that it's tough to get in sometimes since there are so many people that want to do it!

(and keep me posted if she does and you guys are at the game...we'll drink!)

Edited by Jaminbenb

yeah I saw that too. hmmm, should I heckle...

I'd consider it....maybe you should yell "HEY JOE WHERE'S YOUR RIFLE!" ;-)

Good luck! A friend of ours that DOES do the alumni band year after year said that it's tough to get in sometimes since there are so many people that want to do it!

(and keep me posted if she does and you guys are at the game...we'll drink!)

I wont be there...someone has to be home to run Chapter 6!

I'd consider it....maybe you should yell "HEY JOE WHERE'S YOUR RIFLE!" ;-)

I was thinking "CHUMLEY DO THE SNORKLE!"

Couldn't be any worse than the band show I went to around 1981 somewhere in Lancaster County. IUP and UMass bands were there so I went to see the people I knew from IUP.

UMass is getting ready to come out to do their exhibition and George Parks is walking across the field to get to the stands.

Some guy a few rows in front of me yells "Hey George... where's yer mace....".......

Inappropriate as Hades but you could tell who the corps people were as they were trying not to laugh. Meanwhile the band mother next to is muttering something like "Who's George..." and "a mace".

I was thinking "CHUMLEY DO THE SNORKLE!"

Nah, he wasn't around when that stuff went down...