The history of the Westshoremen

he's on fumes

At this point shouldn't they be using "vegetable" oil?

At this point shouldn't they be using "vegetable" oil?

don't insult vegetables

don't insult vegetables

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Speaking of Vegetables, Fran may be interested to know that I heard a radio ad on WIP Philadelphia on Sunday advertising the return of Ballantine IPA.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/447/134337/?ba=LawrenceHandy

That's great news, if it's as good as the original.

Back in the day, Ballantine IPA was a top-notch craft brew long before craft brews were cool!!!

Seems to be well rated by the beer snob crowd. It's pretty much thought of as the benchmark IPA by the 0ld school as compared to the newer stuff like Troegs Hop Back and Victory Hop Devil, which I do like, but aren't really the same in terms of taste and flavor.

• Like 1

I read something about that somewhere else...(or one of my beer snob friends may have mentioned it...most of the guys I dive with are serious beer snobs) I remember when my dad used to drink this when he couldn't find his Stegmeiers. Not to mention some of the oddities that he'd get from my grandparent's "dairy" up in Elmira, NY.... Yeah they sold milk.... but they made their money on beers! :tounge2:

Mad Elf is being released shortly (if it isn't out already)

Hop Back and Hop Devil are pretty good...Tröegs BEST IPA is Nugget Nectar (IMHO)

Never was a HUGE dark beer fan, but I got some of their Impending Descent for a recipe I had, and it's GOOD! Ended up getting a few growler fills while it lasted!

Mad Elf is being released shortly (if it isn't out already)

I'll make sure I'm comfortably seated and not driving anywhere when I take on that stuff this year!!! :tongue:

• Like 1

Hey- anyone from '81 in percussion remember John Zarowicz/Zarowitz(SP!)? Just struck up a conversation at work and it was obvious he had to have been there for at least some of the season. Came from Trinity HS, just wanted to march.

Which reminds me but no one on here was a member in 77 or 78 (or was it 76?)..... This weekend Kris' nephew is getting married to the niece of a WSM color guard member from that time. I remember the aunt and according to the niece she remembers me (hoo boy). Not sure why she remembers me except her, her best friend in guard, Paul Geiger and I all went to Central Dauphin. Haven't seen her since she left corps so should be a nice re-union.

Kris' sister (mother of the groom) is the jealous type but won't admit it to herself. So I'm kidding Kris with "Oh boy... get to meet one of my women (Wimmen) friends from back then.... do you trust me with this..?." :devil: She knows how urine poor my record was with getting dates so she just laughs. Think she wants to find out just how much of a dweeb I was back then....

Edited by JimF-LowBari