The history of the Westshoremen

having homemade blackberry brandy by a fellow NJA member.

#### it's good

• 1 month later...

FYI Ben... I survived a Mad Elf on draft over the weekend. LOL.

Brenda and I hit a few taverns within walking distance of our hotel in Plymouth on Thursday afternoon... one of them had Mad Elf. That stuff is excellent... and it certainly warmed me up a bit!!! :tongue:

The three taverns we went to all had great craft beer lineups. All sorts of tasty stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...haven't been here in a while....yeah, the Mad Elf is amazing! I need to get out and get another case before it's gone... I just grabbed a case of Impending Descent which is a stout that they release around this time of year. Great stuff, too! I only got it in my growler last year (needed some for a recipe, drank the rest, went back for a case and they were out...so I just got the growler filled again)

FYI Ben... I survived a Mad Elf on draft over the weekend. LOL.

Brenda and I hit a few taverns within walking distance of our hotel in Plymouth on Thursday afternoon... one of them had Mad Elf. That stuff is excellent... and it certainly warmed me up a bit!!! :tongue:

The three taverns we went to all had great craft beer lineups. All sorts of tasty stuff.

• 1 month later...

Brenda and I had dinner yesterday at the Lancaster Brewing location in the Harrisburg area.

The Milk Stout was top-notch, as usual... one of my favorite American-made stouts through the years...and the Fest Beer... a Munich-style lager... was really good. Brenda had the Double Chocolate Milk Stout seasonal, which packed a bit of a punch but had a great flavor.

Yes, we did have some food, too. :tongue:

Just had some fresh Troeg's perpetual IPA yesterday out of a Troeg's growler bottle. Great stuff!

I am more or less convinced that the only worthwhile thing winter has going for it is good beer. :tongue:

saw the announcement for this year that the alumni is doing Love For Sale,ala last year, One More Time Chuck Corea, America and whatever the warmup is this year. rehearsas back at Camp Hill on 1/25, 2/22 and 3/22. Have fun, Sadie and I will try to visit at one of them!

• Like 1

Ready to head out the door for 1st alumni corps practice of the season, Don Ellis playing Hank Levy's "Rock Odyssey" blaring away, can't get much better than that, man.

If you're near Camp Hill HS Noon to 4 stop in hang out, say hi if you're not playin' this year. :satisfied:

• Like 1

Practice went very well, I'd say. The new folks from Biglerville and Susq Township on mainly mello with some salted through the rest of the brass were very, very good, and I hope they had a great time playing and that the charts were challenging. Steve Hartman's playing Trumpet/sop as well, a surprise to see him.

When we get the rest of the bari section in, we'll be looking solid there- need Sop/trumpets, though. Mello numbers are the best they've been, maybe ever with the young folks, and they can indeed, PLAY.

• Like 1