The history of the Westshoremen

sat in the stands for those ifreworks many times

I've never been a major Zappa fan...and after Rush 2 weeks ago, I don't need a concert for a while.

• 1 month later...

All Hands on Deck, Zappa Plays Zappa coming to Harrisburg on the 30th. Great stuff. What's interesting is I can get a 70 buck ticket, less than the Super ticket for the second Clifton show. :exclamation:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/zappa-plays-zappa-harrisburg-pennsylvania-07-30-2015/event/02004E69DB51433B

Did you go? I was there...great show! Dweezil plays his azz off! The rest of the band played their parts just as well!

Went to see Yes (pretty pathetic at this point) and Toto (AMAZING!) last week down in Baltimore!

Yes needs to give it up....They've been playing the part of one of those "a few original members/cover bands" kinds of groups for the past few tours, and it wasn't that good of a show...about the only thing I really enjoyed was the version they did of Tempus Fugit (since Geoff Downes played on the album, and he was playing) and their version of Siberian Khatru...Steve Howe still plays a mean guitar! Other than that....give it up already! (Steve Howe should just do solo tours)

Toto was off the charts! Always wanted to see them live, and got my wish! :thumbup:

Missed it, Ben. Was too busy with work! I did get the 88 buck ticket to Clifton on Saturday though.

On a bad note... Cam Bruce is gone.... 55, man.

http://www.myers-buhrig.com/obits/obituary.php?id=565150

Man, this one really kills me.

Ex-Westshore, Crossmen, BD, Westshore Alumni... NJA.

Remember some REALLY good conversations with him about corps, teaching, always liked learning and hanging with him a lot when I was fortunate enough to.

I know we tried to get him on board for Profiles this year, I don't think any of us realized how ill he was. I told Fisher, "Tell him we like him a lot, we miss him, and to get his a-double-ess here". :satisfied:

I'll keep checking for any service arrangements. or let me know here if there's more info. All respect and sympathy for Cam, his sister Kathy, and his Mom and Dad- all really great people.

He had a heart attack I'm told. there is a gathering planned for the Mechanicsburg Club on Sunday.

one of the best GE music tapes I ever got was from Cam. Last time I saw him was 2/3 years ago...CV was hosting a TOB show, and he was just there hanging out. tried to talk him into coming back out to judge but he said "nah I love watching the kids, but i hate to grade them"

The funeral home updated the obit.....

Thanks, Jim. Will pick up my Euphonium from its hiding place at another house (Am concerned about the former handyman trying to ransack my apartment now he's out of jail) and go jam for a bit on Sunday. It's sad but I think in some ways it's a message from Cam to get my A&& going and playing more than I am. :satisfied:

• 1 month later...

Just saw the announcement on FB for the 2016 Alumni. Just not all that enthused. Nice to include a Friday rehearsal then party on a day I would have to take a personal to get out of work. Repertoire isn't reaching me either. Just my tuppence at this point.