The history of the Westshoremen

P.S. Before I run and work on a composition and friend and I are looking to perform at a couple of churches and the youth group at St. Thomas,

A lot will depend on how much I get moved in to new surroundings by the end of March. Looking forward to getting the bleep out of this place.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think I stopped at the 1982 Grand Prix when we got booed by the audience and a certain competitor got REALLY honked off because they expected to win the show.

I'm moving later this month and in a bit of a tizzy dealing with all of the issues and also moving stuff every day during my lunch break to the new place in Enhaut. The Euphonium's been there, the Bugle leaves soon, then we'll really know I'm outta here!

I think I stopped at the 1982 Grand Prix when we got booed by the audience and a certain competitor got REALLY honked off because they expected to win the show.

I'm moving later this month and in a bit of a tizzy dealing with all of the issues and also moving stuff every day during my lunch break to the new place in Enhaut. The Euphonium's been there, the Bugle leaves soon, then we'll really know I'm outta here!

Good luck on the new place! 82 Grand Prix?!?! Don't remember that one off the bat... (82 was a "fuzzy" year....)

Once you're settled (and Lent's over) (I give up beer)(not wine...I'm not stupid!) We should meet for a beer at some point to catch up...

Btw....the reason I stopped in...got the email about the "changes" in staff...jeez...a lot of people stepping down. so how ARE things this year?

Btw....the reason I stopped in...got the email about the "changes" in staff...jeez...a lot of people stepping down. so how ARE things this year?

Just read that email.... you're right, a lot of changes coming.

The nature of the beast, I'm sure... especially on the alumni side of life. Not easy to keep doing drum corps forever.

I'm suiting up in the honor guard again this year. So is Brenda. We have the easiest gig of the night. LOL.

• Like 1

I don't know if I got that E-Mail unless it was on the percussion side of things, which I would believe it was.

41 horns were at the last rehearsal, which is better than it usually is, usually the core brass are about 32-36 individuals then everyone shows up at the last minute.

I needed to stop. That's all I'll say in public. When my enjoyment gets sucked out of something for me, I don't see a need to carry on. I wish I had the time and wherewithal to start some kind of Soundsport team and try to take some fun and rather different directions with it. If some things change at Westshore or I get someone there to talk to me and talk seriously about my concerns, I'd readily go back.

I worked 3 hours with the T-Birds this Summer, I played and am working on some church arrangements, I know my mind is still sharp, I can still teach, I can still play very well in spite of a lack of practice, I still have things to offer.

The question would be whether anyone gives a flip. And the answer is for the most part, they do not. :satisfied:

Got my email a few days later than Ben.... and I did Alumni one time more than he did so go figure....