The history of the Westshoremen

What's happening in Wildwood? (color me clueless, as usual)

TIA championship weekend. (TOB indoor.)

TIA championship weekend. (TOB indoor.)

Ahhh.... I'm out of the loop as usual....

Ahhh.... I'm out of the loop as usual....

no comment!

Just saw that Frank Dorritie was inducted into the DCI Hall of Fame!

In other news...still reading through some of the old stuff...up to page 300, now...something about Fran wanting a t-shirt that says "Gong Hits for Jesus"... :turn:

• Like 1

Hah! Still rolling around the old pages...(365) talk was about Scott wanting to know where to get a kilt...and we renamed him "Scotty McHumm! PRICELESS!!

(I think we drank a lot when we posted BITD) :guinesssmilie:

• Like 1

Some of the historical stuff is pretty good.....interesting of the time frame at some points...seemed like it was 2005 forever, then got to 2008, now it's May 2010, and only a little more than a third of the way through....

What sux is that the pictures are mostly gone...and some of the links are defunct.

I think we have the makings off a history book, though!

Hah! Still rolling around the old pages...(365) talk was about Scott wanting to know where to get a kilt...and we renamed him "Scotty McHumm! PRICELESS!!

(I think we drank a lot when we posted BITD) :guinesssmilie:

I didn't drink while posting and I still want a kilt but they are so expensive!

Place in Kearney NJ last I knew was a place you could get the BEST fish and chips served by lovely red-headed Scottish lassies, had a Scottish candy shoppe, premier drum store, AND sold kilts...

Also had haggis on the menu.

Before I get a haircut...

YT- "Fire Dance by Milcho Leviev"... Don Ellis band in 1973 totally jamming out on a tradition Bulgarian tune. Reminded me I was thinking of doing something nuts like the beginning as a Bari and Bass Drum Duet at I and E, like do it in 11/16 or in 4 like this. Scott, you up to it and using a stick and twig on the bass? I'll show yah how. Eastern Euro folk bass drumming technique.

Wow, I DO have an old bass drum at my parents as well, old Brooklyn Fire company Drum Corps Ludwig come to think of it. Project time, man!

Still plugging here and there...got to page 450 today "Whoaa.....I'm half way therrrrrreeeee....." ($1. to Bon Jovi)

Btw...Speaking of Jon Bon...did I ever tell you about the time I met him and his band at the Metron in Harrisburg?!?! This was about the time that "she's a little runaway" first came out, and they were still playing cruddy places... I went with a few friends that I worked with, and we saw the first set...were less than impressed, so we decided to go to another place (that had cheaper beer) And ran into them having a beer and a smoke out in the parking lot... High fived them and said great set..so they asked why we were leaving, and we said we wanted to catch another band at another place..and kept going.. :ninja:

Caller to where I worked in radio: "Yinz play dat dere Bahn Joooovi Livin' on Pr'ayr?"

Me : "Umm, We'inz (deliberate on my part) played that 5 minutes ago."

Caller: "Ah Knoow (Have to get that Central PA dimwit accent thing with the 'o'...). "Yinz play it 'ghen?"

As a result of Top 40 overplay and callers like that BITD, I LOATHE Bon Jovi. About the only music I will NOT listen to, PERIOD.

I could continue the phone conversation, it got funnier, but I have to go.

Edited by BigW