Most likely to win first/beat Blue Devils?

158 members have voted

1. 1. Between these two corps, who is most likely to win their first ring in 2011?

2. 2. Which corps is most likely to end BD's undefeated streak in 2011?

• The Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cadets
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Stars
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Madison Scouts
    • Blue Knights
    • Glassmen

I voted Bluecoats more likley to win a ring, but really it's a toss up - both corps were coming off of highs and started incredibly strong, then faded at the close.

I'm guessing SCV will pull one early season upset - it seems like they're annually good for one. But I do agree with Glory - if BD gets rolling, nobody's going to catch them late.

Mike

whoever scores higher than BD at the same show does it

• Like 1

I voted Bluecoats more likley to win a ring, but really it's a toss up - both corps were coming off of highs and started incredibly strong, then faded at the close.

I'm guessing SCV will pull one early season upset - it seems like they're annually good for one. But I do agree with Glory - if BD gets rolling, nobody's going to catch them late.

Mike

Vanguard hasn't done this since 2007 and only because BD was EXTREMELY young (75% rookies in the hornline). I don't see Vanguard being the upsetter.

Are we talking about the fancy pants G8 blow your budget we are better than you shows...or are we talking regular season shows....or either. How about this, whoever outspends the Devil$ has the best chance of overtaking them.

I refuse to vote as the first question is invalid. Neither Bluecoats or Crown will get a ring in 2011. FACT.

The first question only asked which corps is more likely to win their first ring, but it doesn't mean that corps will win in 2011 period. But I still see your point....like Bluecoats won't win until they get their marching cleaner. It was the best they had ever done, but still had a few interval issues.

Vanguard hasn't done this since 2007 and only because BD was EXTREMELY young (75% rookies in the hornline). I don't see Vanguard being the upsetter.

Yeah, but that's only 4 years, and in that time, BD had two undefeated seasons, in which no one beat them, and in 2008, SCV finished 7th and didn't have a closer until Stanford. What's your point? If any corps has the ability to top BD early season, it's going to be SCV, unless we're counting ToC, in which I'm thinking Cavies. SCV has the best streak of beating BD at early season shows, no matter what the end result of the season was.

I refuse to vote as the first question is invalid. Neither Bluecoats or Crown will get a ring in 2011. FACT.

Cavies will end BDs winning streak.

Just because they WON'T win a ring doesn't mean the question is invalid. The question asks which corps of the two is MORE likely to. Both of them might not. But one is MORE likely to better than another.

Bluecoats will beat Crown this year (not sure if they'll beat everyone else too though). However, I think Crown could easily win the big enchilada sometime in the next 3-4 years.

And Cadets is going to be the corps that beats BD (if the Cavies don't do it in one of the first three shows).

and count me in on betting on drum corps like horse races. :]

Edited by eutocoatrompa