Most likely to win first/beat Blue Devils?

158 members have voted

1. 1. Between these two corps, who is most likely to win their first ring in 2011?

2. 2. Which corps is most likely to end BD's undefeated streak in 2011?

• The Cavaliers
    • Bluecoats
    • Carolina Crown
    • The Cadets
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Blue Stars
    • Boston Crusaders
    • Madison Scouts
    • Blue Knights
    • Glassmen

As this is my first post I hope not to sound to dumb here :satisfied: But it seems to me the corps who is going to beat the devils of which are blue, is going to be the corps who is willing to conform to shows that may not be best suited for the audience. It’s going to be the designers who crack the code of DCI judging the way the BD designers have. And frankly this means a show that is almost impossible to judge. It seems to the dcp rookie that the shows BD has been putting out in the last two years have catered to sections at a time. Rarely does it seem that they did anything as an ensemble for the first three quarters of there shows. They draw attention to one section (high brass, guard, trumpets, low brass) at a time, so that they specifically clean the crap out of that section and the rest of the members on the field don’t necessarily have to be 100 percent clean until its time for there section to be featured. Specific example... I saw at finals the tubas going to make a straight line on the front side of the field to put there tubas down and they literally turned there heads both ways to make sure they were in a straight line... this was at finals. Back to my point, whoever is going switch there show design to show that can only be judged by sampling is going to have the best shot because that’s just how the judges have been judging.

Hello, and welcome!

I think you brought a good point.

In the end, the one corps that becomes the next Star 93 will win.

We only can speculate who.

It could be Cavies, Crown, Bloo, Glassmen, or Pioneer for all I know.

Why Pioneer? Speculation. They may not be in any shape to start winning champs, but hey, who knows?

why bring me in to this? I have said nothing about BD in this thread at all.

and you wonder why people give you ####? there's why

Jeff :blink: you are waaaaay too serious about this blog stuff. I was joking...but just about everyone else on the planet knew that, except you! Like my wise old pappy used to say... "If you wanna run with the big dogs, you gotta pxss on the tall trees!"

BTW...Everyone gets #### on here, any you're not the judge of who gets more. It doesn't ballast your position and only makes you look weak by attempting to enlist a mythical majority (like the self-appointed elitist socs in high school...pathetic). NOTE: I own a Jetta also!

• Like 1

As this is my first post I hope not to sound to dumb here :satisfied: But it seems to me the corps who is going to beat the devils of which are blue, is going to be the corps who is willing to conform to shows that may not be best suited for the audience. It's going to be the designers who crack the code of DCI judging the way the BD designers have. And frankly this means a show that is almost impossible to judge. It seems to the dcp rookie that the shows BD has been putting out in the last two years have catered to sections at a time. Rarely does it seem that they did anything as an ensemble for the first three quarters of there shows. They draw attention to one section (high brass, guard, trumpets, low brass) at a time, so that they specifically clean the crap out of that section and the rest of the members on the field don't necessarily have to be 100 percent clean until its time for there section to be featured. Specific example... I saw at finals the tubas going to make a straight line on the front side of the field to put there tubas down and they literally turned there heads both ways to make sure they were in a straight line... this was at finals. Back to my point, whoever is going switch there show design to show that can only be judged by sampling is going to have the best shot because that's just how the judges have been judging.

yes, the corps with the highest score tends to win.

I do not think the Bluecoats will win a DCI championship...

Ever?

Yeah, guess so. I've been paying attention since 03 or so, so I have only seen them in their current forms, so I've seen Crown with the dominant brass line, and Bluecoats with the dominant percussion section. But since we're talking about the next couple of years, I think how they are currently matters more to the discussion than how they were back in the 90s to early 2000s, just saying....

That's fine, just wanted to point out that where BOTH corps are today began before '03, which isn't even really their current forms.

I **guess** I see Bluecoats brass as always being dominant, and the percussion finally came up to match.

I see Crown as building up a monster brass section from the middle of the pack.

At any rate, I hope I didn't offend. :tongue:

That's fine, just wanted to point out that where BOTH corps are today began before '03, which isn't even really their current forms.

I **guess** I see Bluecoats brass as always being dominant, and the percussion finally came up to match.

Just to be accurate, so we don't have to guess, here are the finals placements for Bloo, from 2001-2010, for Brass, Percussion, Overall:

Year Brass Perc. All

2001 6 10 8

2002 9 8 7

2003 6 6 7

2004 7 6 6

2005 4 6 5

2006 3 3 4

2007 4 2 7

2008 6 3 6

2009 7 4 6

2010 3 3 3

Percussion has been above Brass 5 out of 10 times; Brass above Percussion twice; tied three times. The last 5 years has been very telling: Percussion consistently at or above brass, and finishing with placements 1 or 2 better than overall.

Looks like percussion dominance to me.

Jeff :blink: you are waaaaay too serious about this blog stuff. I was joking...but just about everyone else on the planet knew that, except you! Like my wise old pappy used to say... "If you wanna run with the big dogs, you gotta pxss on the tall trees!"

BTW...Everyone gets #### on here, any you're not the judge of who gets more. It doesn't ballast your position and only makes you look weak by attempting to enlist a mythical majority (like the self-appointed elitist socs in high school...pathetic). NOTE: I own a Jetta also!

:tongue: is joking

:rolleyes: is sarcasm and mocking.

just so you know

and others didnt know....thats why I was pm'd to look at a thread I hadn't checked out in days.

As this is my first post I hope not to sound to dumb here :satisfied: But it seems to me the corps who is going to beat the devils of which are blue, is going to be the corps who is willing to conform to shows that may not be best suited for the audience. It’s going to be the designers who crack the code of DCI judging the way the BD designers have. And frankly this means a show that is almost impossible to judge. It seems to the dcp rookie that the shows BD has been putting out in the last two years have catered to sections at a time. Rarely does it seem that they did anything as an ensemble for the first three quarters of there shows. They draw attention to one section (high brass, guard, trumpets, low brass) at a time, so that they specifically clean the crap out of that section and the rest of the members on the field don’t necessarily have to be 100 percent clean until its time for there section to be featured. Specific example... I saw at finals the tubas going to make a straight line on the front side of the field to put there tubas down and they literally turned there heads both ways to make sure they were in a straight line... this was at finals. Back to my point, whoever is going switch there show design to show that can only be judged by sampling is going to have the best shot because that’s just how the judges have been judging.

Well... corps have always had their own way of getting the highest points... BD just so happened to find the most efficient way.

It's not what you do.. it's HOW you do it. ;) BD has figured that out!

yes, the corps with the highest score tends to win.

Your kidding me, no way!

Oh, it's cool. You did not offend at all. I was just stating my opinion, but since I'm seeing it from a much more modern POV than some people, things probably are different. I've come up in DCI with Crown's dominant brass line, and Bluecoats having the more dominant percussion section. That could change at any time though, and that's cool with me. I could see either one of these corps winning a championship in the next couple of years, and I would be perfectly fine with that.