Cadets Uniform

I mean to tell you that the members of The Cadets are tougher than that and do not WILT over arguments like this. They might be upset but they understand that they have more important things to do than worry about what happens here.

Well I'm sure those kids are feeling fantastic that their own alumni are selling them up the river.

• Like 2

To me, it's not so much about the uniform changing as it it George being George about it. Hide it...cover it up....say one thing and do another...

Maybe the alumni are finally figuring out that George doesn't and never has cared about tradition. He understands it...he just doesn't care.

Interesting point of view... I know George has always cared about tradition. He understands it AND he cares about it.

When did this discussion become one of testing people's values and loyalties? Honestly people lets be sensible about this.

Changing something does NOT instantly imply a weakness, disrespect, disloyalty, or anything negative. Like I said before change has such NEGATIVE connotations in Drum corps land it's poisonous attribute that people have given that word. All of this negativity flying around because of the word "change" it's insane...

• Like 3

But the hostility is reflected upon the current members.

It looks to me that the well deserved hostility is reflected upon Hopkins. I'm sure the members will be fine.

• Like 3

I mean to tell you that the members of The Cadets are tougher than that and do not WILT over arguments like this. They might be upset but they understand that they have more important things to do than worry about what happens here.

Wonder if the Alumni can be just as resilient as that...

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Really? REALLY?

"well... bring on all the people who hate the uniform change"

"I really wish that alumni would realize how hurtful their comments are to the current members of the Cadets. We love the alumni and the support that they have always shown because we have and always will be Cadets. "

"I hope we can have SOME Cadet Alumni support us this year."

"I hope these folks didn't forget what being a Cadet is about."

"ya, I lost sleep last night over some posts I read from alumni... that really bothers me."

"Yea, some of the posts really bothered me too. We are all Cadets in our hearts, no matter what we are wearing."

"Rough night...up sick all night"

"I am at a complete loss of words right now..."

All different current Cadets directly from their current facebook statuses. The more overwhelming thing is the upwards of 20 comments posted on each from each other trying to make it seem okay, and trying to convince each other that the season isn't ruined, IN MARCH. Tell me again they are not dwelling or feeling the pain. Seriously

• Like 8

Really? REALLY?

"I really wish that alumni would realize how hurtful their comments are to the current members of the Cadets. We love the alumni and the support that they have always shown because we have and always will be Cadets. "

"ya, I lost sleep last night over some posts I read from alumni... that really bothers me."

"Yea, some of the posts really bothered me too. We are all Cadets in our hearts, no matter what we are wearing."

All different current Cadets directly from their current facebook statuses. The more overwhelming thing is the upwards of 20 comments posted on each from each other trying to make it seem okay, and trying to convince each other that the season isn't ruined, IN MARCH. Tell me again they are not dwelling or feeling the pain. Seriously

Lighten up, Francis! :tongue:

• Like 1

Really? REALLY?

As a drum corps fan and alumni, full of pride, that almost puts me to tears. And to hear alumni say that they really care about the members in the worst part. Take a look at what you say, and ask yourself if it is appropriate not for your won goals, but for the SAKE OF THE MEMBERS.

• Like 1

Lighten up, Francis! :tongue:

I prefer Gaga. Hard to lighten up when there is a war taking place online that are affecting today's youth. DCP talks all the time about how terrible it is that corps are disappearing, but reading harmful posts that deter kids from wanting to be a part of organizations makes everyone look like the biggest hypocrites. NOTHING has been said to indicate the uniform is changed for forever.

• Like 1

It looks to me that the well deserved hostility is reflected upon Hopkins. I'm sure the members will be fine.

Well sure, all of the hostility is aimed at Hopkins. But the current members feel it too.

• Like 1

skewerz: how can you possibly say that George is always trying to "hide" things from the general public/alumni/fans? If I recall, The Cadets are one of the only corps that post updates all year round for alumni and fans to read about/enjoy. Sure this topic might not be too enjoyable, but George is allowing the alumni/fans to see in to the idea of the 2011 program. what have we heard about 2011 BD? Nothing. Why don't you complain about Gibbs hiding things from everyone? What about the other corps? Some corps we only know a show name or some of the musical selections, but haven't even heard any of the arrangements the corps will be playing... I think George has done way more to put what's going on in the background in the public's eye than any other corps has. And I appreciate it a lot being able to follow the design process and see and hear how things are progressing, instead of just seeing the "finished product" on the show sometime during the summer.

Edited by shuegoo27
  • Like 3