Ultratone Bugle

Bruce

Could anyone send me or tell me where i could get care and amintenance information on this bugle. I would like to use this and not hang it on a wall.

Bruce

Try and Google "Ultratone Bugle". I got a whole bunch of hits off it.

Edited by Piper

• 2 weeks later...

I own an Olds Ultratone baritone (w/ horizontal piston/rotary valves) and play it regularly .... with great pleasure. I use a Yahama 48 mouthpiece because I'm playing 3rd baritone parts in an alumni corps..

Many Alumni and Senior corps still use G-bugles.

Kanstul provides a special edition of "Custom Classic" two-valve models made exclusively for the U.S. Marines Drum & Bugle Corps - each engraved with "THE COMMANANT'S OWN." I play a 2001 model of the Commandant's Own G-baritone that was traded in.

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you contact Kanstul and see if they can help...my understanding is their founder Ziggy Kanstul came from the OLDS company so there is a connection between the two...

Maintainence - interior : like any other valved brass instrument. exterior : like the chrome on a motorcycle, but don't bother waxing.

Kanstul is not equipped to service your Ultratone. Zig left the Olds company 40 years ago, and the factory closed their doors forever in 1979.

Contact me, via PM on this forum, for availability of specific parts. I have been buying up everyone's complete stashes of Ultratone parts for the last 17 years. Have lots of rotary parts - and know how to align 'em.

• 3 weeks later...

Maintainence - interior : like any other valved brass instrument. exterior : like the chrome on a motorcycle, but don't bother waxing.

Kanstul is not equipped to service your Ultratone. Zig left the Olds company 40 years ago, and the factory closed their doors forever in 1979.

Contact me, via PM on this forum, for availability of specific parts. I have been buying up everyone's complete stashes of Ultratone parts for the last 17 years. Have lots of rotary parts - and know how to align 'em.

Kanstul is not equipped to service your chrome-plated Ultratone.

FTFY

• 2 weeks later...

Ellis Music in Vermont refurb'ed both of my baritones (an Olds Ultratone CHROME and a Getzen Titleist.) Both are piston+rotary.

Rebuild water valves (pads+springs), took out dents, new valve springs, cleaned out innards, cleaned/buffed exterior.

I could not be happier with the outcome on either. One week turn-around.

The repair shop crew was FASCINATED by the "old-timey" bugles and we played them together.

http://ellismusic.com/company_info.php

Edited by Navillus WP

FTFY

Not for nuthin' .... but do you understand what this expression is used to convey in radio communication or Morse Code?

Fox-Tango-Fox-Young (FTFY) is used to communicate annoyed frustration: "F-this, F-you." (Just in case you ever get an adverse response to it....)

Carry on.

Just re-read and realize we don't know what configuration the OP has...

Wondering since I have a Olds Duratone (flat finish) myself... oh yeah... need to send a PM 'bout that rotor...

Edited by JimF-LowBari