Ultratone Bugle

Bruce

Not for nuthin' .... but do you understand what this expression is used to convey in radio communication or Morse Code?

Fox-Tango-Fox-Young (FTFY) is used to communicate annoyed frustration: "F-this, F-you." (Just in case you ever get an adverse response to it....)

Carry on.

That is quite obscure, sorry. I never would have known that. Mine was a fairly common internet reference known as "Fixed That For You".

Carry on!

Edited by kanstulbrass

That is quite obscure, sorry. I never would have known that. Mine was a fairly common internet reference known as "Fixed That For You".

Carry on!

Just trying to save you from wondering the reason in the event someone w/ experience with military "commo" gives you a funny look or reply....

Those Ultratone p/r baritones are sweet, with one of the finest core sound of any baritone. I love the Ultratone p/r mellophones as well.

I love mine, and prefer it to my Kanstul Custom Classic 2V "Commandant's Own" surplus baritone.

The Olds Ultratones were some of the best G bugles ever made in my opinion (at least the sopranos). I still have a valve-rotor G-F soprano in mint condition. It plays better than the later three valve G bugles.

• 6 months later...

i've got 3 of them myself, an ultratone mellophone, long french horn, and a baritone. really would love to find a contra in decent shape...:)

How many do you want? I can get 4. Also a K-90 and a small Kanstul 3V.

PM me on this forum for the details.

• 3 weeks later...

Not for nuthin' .... but do you understand what this expression is used to convey in radio communication or Morse Code?

Fox-Tango-Fox-Young (FTFY) is used to communicate annoyed frustration: "F-this, F-you." (Just in case you ever get an adverse response to it....)

Carry on.

Shouldn't that be FOXTROT-TANGO-FOXTROT-YANKEE?????

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't that be FOXTROT-TANGO-FOXTROT-YANKEE?????

Just your typical SNAFU :shutup: