Who really thinks...

This thread was put here to get the OPEN Class group-fired up. Every Drum and Bugle Corps be it DCA, World Class, OPEN CLASS, Small Corps, Alumni Corps, you name it, I want to see it! I come on here and at any one time there are 2 to 3 people checking you all out(not good) - lets get the OPEN class group of members, staffs, fans - Known!

Who really thinks that the SPARTANS are going to beat the Academy?

Who really thinks that MUSIC CITY! is going to beat the TROOPERS?

Who really thinks BDB is going to beat the MANDARINS?

Who really thinks SCVC is going to beat TEAL SOUND?

Who really thinks REVOLUTION is going to beat THE MADISON SCOUTS?

Could this happen? Maybe! I like Drum Corps being a " on any givin night, you can win, kind of product"

GLASSMEN-12th

ACADEMY!

TROOPERS!

Spirit of Atlanta!

CROSSMEN!

Pacific Crest!

MANDARINS!

Teal Sound!

Jersey Surf!

CASCADES!

THE PIONEER!

BRING IT!

Ooops,

Blue Devils, CAVALIERS, BLUECOATS, C.C., THE CADETS, The SANTA CLARA VANGUARD, Phantom Regiment, THE BLUE STARS, Boston Crusaders, THE MADISON SCOUTS!, Blue Knights. Cant wait.

BDB,Oregon Crusaders,Spartans, Revolution, Raiders, Music City, 7th Regiment, Legends, Colt C., Forte, Genisis,VK, Racine Scouts,Les Senetors, Strangnas, Blue Saints, SCVC.

Edited by thirdcoast

BDB

Oregon Crusaders

Spartans

Revolotion

Raiders

Music city

7th Regiment

Legends

Colt Cadets

Forte

Genisis

VK

Racine Scouts

Les Senetors

Strangnas

Blue Saints

Gotta figure SCVC is gonna come this year.

Edited by thirdcoast

Little bias here, but I think that MCDC's size is gonna push them up the ranks quite a bit. They're rocking an 80 man hornline and it sounds glorious. They may very well WIN the brass and ensemble captions. Percussion is strong, but not BDB/SCVC strong, so I think they'll contend for music. They're gonna blast the effect category. The only thing I could see holding them back would be visual, but if they can lock that in they'll be a Top 3 in OC, a semi-finalist in WC.

BDB's going to not only make semis but be a strong semis corps IMO.

Just thought I'd drum up some discussion. :)

They're rocking an 80 man hornline and it sounds glorious. They may very well WIN the brass and ensemble captions.

It will indeed be an interesting season. May I remind you that when Jersey Surf was Open Class with 72 horns for a number of years and they had some trouble taking down the smaller hornlines that were cleaner.

That being said... MCDC does seem to be having an impressive start to the season, I'm excited to see the results.

• Like 1

Little bias here, but I think that MCDC's size is gonna push them up the ranks quite a bit. They're rocking an 80 man hornline and it sounds glorious. They may very well WIN the brass and ensemble captions. Percussion is strong, but not BDB/SCVC strong, so I think they'll contend for music. They're gonna blast the effect category. The only thing I could see holding them back would be visual, but if they can lock that in they'll be a Top 3 in OC, a semi-finalist in WC.

Just thought I'd drum up some discussion. :)

Thanks for posting. How big are the other Corps in OPEN CLASS?

I don't know any exact numbers but BDB and SCVC are always pretty large, I'd say 120+. The rest of OC can go anywhere from 60-100. Oregon and Spartans are usually pretty big in comparison, 100-120 or so.

Just remember that back when Open class corps competed in Quarter finals (2002 and before) the drop in scores from open to world was usually 18 points or more.

Here is last years bottom scoring World Class Corps

16 82.850 Spirit

17 80.800 Crossmen

18 80.350 Pacific Crest

19 78.100 Mandarins

20 77.800 Teal Sound

21 75.700 Jersey Surf

22 74.600 Seattle Cascades

23 73.950 Pioneer

and here is last years Open Class Finals Scores with an estimated score and placement based on an 18 point drop. And usually only the top corps are close to the 18 point spread with the others coming in with a 20 or more point drop.

1 97.550 BDB - 79.55 19th

2 94.000 Oregon - 76.0 22nd

3 93.600 Spartans - 75.6 24th

4 92.200 Revolution - 74.2 26th

5 89.150 Raiders - 71.15 28th

6 88.500 Music City - 70.5 29th

Edited by bluecoats88
  • Like 1

Just remember that back when Open class corps competed in Quarter finals (2002 and before) the drop in scores from open to world was usually 18 points or more.

Here is last years bottom scoring World Class Corps

16 82.850 Spirit

17 80.800 Crossmen

18 80.350 Pacific Crest

19 78.100 Mandarins

20 77.800 Teal Sound

21 75.700 Jersey Surf

22 74.600 Seattle Cascades

23 73.950 Pioneer

and here is last years Open Class Finals Scores with an estimated score and placement based on an 18 point drop. And usually only the top corps are close to the 18 point spread with the others coming in with a 20 or more point drop.

1 97.550 BDB - 79.55 19th

2 94.000 Oregon - 76.0 22nd

3 93.600 Spartans - 75.6 24th

4 92.200 Revolution - 74.2 26th

5 89.150 Raiders - 71.15 28th

6 88.500 Music City - 70.5 29th

I am really gonna love the size of the show at Quarter Finals. Its gonna be classic!

Hornline sizes from last year:

(ballpark numbers for some)

BDB - 64

SCVC - 48

OC - 36

Spartans - 30

Revoluion - 28

Music City- 30

Raiders- 26

Legends - 26

7th Regiment - 25

Genesis - 35