Who really thinks...

The only thing I could see realistically happening is BDB or whoever wins open class placing 19th, at the most. When you get to last years 18th place (Pacific Crest), they are just on a whole other level. The top 5 or 6 or so of Open class are getting quite good though, I must say. That's awesome. :smile:

The only thing I could see realistically happening is BDB or whoever wins open class placing 19th, at the most. When you get to last years 18th place (Pacific Crest), they are just on a whole other level. The top 5 or 6 or so of Open class are getting quite good though, I must say. That's awesome. :smile:

Based on the news coming from Milwaukee, I could see at least five OC corps beating the lowest-placing WC corps.

Based on the news coming from Milwaukee, I could see at least five OC corps beating the lowest-placing WC corps.

Its gonna be a really fun summer of Drum Corps. I sure hope the OPEN CLASS, brings it this summer! I have to say, do not underestimate anyone in 2011. I think your wrong, and that is OK. We will see.

I'll keep an eye out for 80 brass from MC this summer. In open class 80 in March is a far cry from having 80 in august. I hope the corps is taking time to build wisely, and avoid the stigma usually associated with Div. 2/3's that grew big fast, and burnt out even faster.

With the sizes of some OC corps reaching WC levels I think it's also a fair assumption that people know they exist. I personally loved the 'mid size' corps like ECJ, Spartans, OC, Raiders etc... Never the biggest, but always in the hunt for the top. There are far fewer corps around now then even when I started marching, but bigger on average in open class.

I continue to promote open class to anyone I teach in marching band season, and this year four of the kids I teach are at Raiders. Just gotta promote.

We have almost 80 in the hornline. We are short a few Euphs and maybe a contra.

I'll keep an eye out for 80 brass from MC this summer. In open class 80 in March is a far cry from having 80 in august. I hope the corps is taking time to build wisely, and avoid the stigma usually associated with Div. 2/3's that grew big fast, and burnt out even faster.

With the sizes of some OC corps reaching WC levels I think it's also a fair assumption that people know they exist. I personally loved the 'mid size' corps like ECJ, Spartans, OC, Raiders etc... Never the biggest, but always in the hunt for the top. There are far fewer corps around now then even when I started marching, but bigger on average in open class.

I continue to promote open class to anyone I teach in marching band season, and this year four of the kids I teach are at Raiders. Just gotta promote.

Your right, just gotta promote!

Edited by thirdcoast

This thread was put here to get the OPEN Class group-fired up. Every Drum and Bugle Corps be it DCA, World Class, OPEN CLASS, Small Corps, Alumni Corps, you name it, I want to see it! I come on here and at any one time there are 2 to 3 people checking you all out(not good) - lets get the OPEN class group of members, staffs, fans - Known!

Who really thinks that the SPARTANS are going to beat the Academy?

Who really thinks that MUSIC CITY! is going to beat the TROOPERS?

Who really thinks BDB is going to beat the MANDARINS?

Who really thinks SCVC is going to beat TEAL SOUND?

Who really thinks REVOLUTION is going to beat THE MADISON SCOUTS?

Could this happen? Maybe! I like Drum Corps being a " on any givin night, you can win, kind of product"

GLASSMEN-12th

ACADEMY!

TROOPERS!

Spirit of Atlanta!

CROSSMEN!

Pacific Crest!

MANDARINS!

Teal Sound!

Jersey Surf!

CASCADES!

THE PIONEER!

BRING IT!

Ooops,

Blue Devils, CAVALIERS, BLUECOATS, C.C., THE CADETS, The SANTA CLARA VANGUARD, Phantom Regiment, THE BLUE STARS, Boston Crusaders, THE MADISON SCOUTS!, Blue Knights. Cant wait.

BDB,Oregon Crusaders,Spartans, Revolution, Raiders, Music City, 7th Regiment, Legends, Colt C., Forte, Genisis,VK, Racine Scouts,Les Senetors, Strangnas, Blue Saints, SCVC.

We all need to get on the same sheets. IMO. THIS, is gonna be a great show.

Edited by thirdcoast

We all need to get on the same sheets. IMO....

This is like saying that Open Class and World Class at WGI should be on the same sheets. Although, if you take the educational aspects of things away, I suppose it wouldn't make a difference.