The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

I know, right! How could people possibly make the connection to Peter Pan characters with that show?

ccpeterpanstuff.jpg

LOL......thanks Lance for the comparison. Now you can understand the confusion.

In an earlier post I am the guilty one who made the "tinkerbell" comment. Unfortunately, I didnt have have the libretto for Crowns 2009 show, hence my mistake.

While I may know alot, I admit that I don't know everything. My thanks goes out to those who clarified the true characterization of "Tinkerbell".

• Like 2

I couldn't agree more with this... Heck I remember Cavies 09, when I first listened to that music I was liking what I was hearing... but when they put it on the field to me they didn't live up to what they were wanting to do. But as a fan of The Cavaliers I stuck with them and kept cheering them on. I love The Cavaliers program this season and regardless of the fact that they got a new drill designer, I still think they will be just fine. I am not trying to hype the show really (sorry to everyone if it seems like I did), but I will admit I am excited to see what The Cavaliers do with this music.

Really musically last season The Cavaliers, in a sort of sense, went into a different approach with both brass and percussion. And for the most part I think it worked out just fine! I am wondering what they have planed... that's for sure.

As I was reading this, it occurred to me that I didn't even remember their 2009 show off the top of my head... I had to look it up. I was pretty okay with that show, I guess, but it's not one I ever really return to. I'm excited for their show this year, too. And the Cadets, actually, despite some understandable trepidation other folks have. And BD... whatever they're up to, over there. And most of the rest.

...And not for nothing, y'all, but there are actually a few moments in Lady Gaga's canon that are remarkably smart. 'Paparazzi' is an incredibly apt choice for the Cavs. Have you seen the video -- specifically, the wheelchair/'Metropolis' moment? :worthy:

To me, it makes a ton of sense. I can't frackin wait.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1

Fanboy Much? How was the "tinkerbell" cheesy? and Little Jeffery was the SOUL in Toy SOULDIER.... its not cheese if its the story line.

(not true.)

(if anything, the opposite.)

(like adding too much cheese to your macaroni, and then it's just all greasy and nasty and no one wants to eat it.)

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1

Explain to me how it was Tinkerbell. Peter Pan wasn't part of the show. I always assumed she was representing Titania, Queen of the Fairies, or maybe even the androgynous "Puck" from "A Midsummer Night's Dream". And... you know, she was on the conductor's stand at the end of "Puck One" from Il Sogno, which Elvis Costello based on "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

I try not to over-think some of the "artistic" choices made by some show designers. I got the thing with Cavaliers show this past year. Xtraordinary..... lots of x's and y's in the drill, but musically forgettable. But why was the guard dressed like Sea Monkeys.... I didn't know whether to laugh with them or at them. That makes the whole Tinkerbell thing seem like a pretty good choice.

• Like 4

As I was reading this, it occurred to me that I didn't even remember their 2009 show off the top of my head... I had to look it up. I was pretty okay with that show, I guess, but it's not one I ever really return to. I'm excited for their show this year, too. And the Cadets, actually, despite some understandable trepidation other folks have. And BD... whatever they're up to, over there. And most of the rest.

...And not for nothing, y'all, but there are actually a few moments in Lady Gaga's canon that are remarkably smart. 'Paparazzi' is an incredibly apt choice for the Cavs. Have you seen the video -- specifically, the wheelchair/'Metropolis' moment? :worthy:

To me, it makes a ton of sense. I can't frackin wait.

I have not seen the video, BUT I am really looking forward to seeing what The Cavaliers will bring to the field that's for sure! As well as I am excited to see what BD is doing!

It's all cheese. And it's almost all great. Cavies have selected a great repertoire, and should have an amazing show. It'll be at least a little cheesy . . . though I don't think the Lady Gaga will make it so

Absolutely. When it works, we call it "effect". When it doesn't, we call it "cheese".

Nobody should kid themselves that there's any fundamental difference between Little Jeffery, Tinkerbell on the podium, the horn line doing 4 pushups, and stabbing the drum major. It's just that some of those were effective, and some were not.

01. Blue Dev-holes

02. Couchaliers

03. Carolina Brown

04. Cradets

05. Santa Canton Phangaliers

06. Futon Regimen

07. Blue Kuhnigits

08. "Why are they 'booing'?"

09. Masculine Sprouts

10. Spirit of Star Trek

11. Florida Crusaders

12. Blue Sparks

• Like 2

I got the thing with Cavaliers show this past year. Xtraordinary..... lots of x's and y's in the drill, but musically forgettable.

That makes one of us. Nature boy was awesome. Literally sang that thing for months. A genuine, memorable melody---in a drum corps show!? What is this!? 1979!?

• Like 6

That makes one of us. Nature boy was awesome. Literally sang that thing for months. A genuine, memorable melody---in a drum corps show!? What is this!? 1979!?

Nope. Chuck Testa.

Haha. Just kidding. You should watch Scouts and BK from 2010. You'll be singing that stuff for WEEKS.