The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

That makes one of us. Nature boy was awesome. Literally sang that thing for months. A genuine, memorable melody---in a drum corps show!? What is this!? 1979!?

Wow. You suggest that I am the only one that doesn't care for the way the music arrangers with Cavaliers chop up the music they perform. There have been numerous comments in this very forum about this. Visual before music is just not my preference. Sorry if that somehow offends you.... it was not my intention. And BTW I do know what year it is.

• Like 2

Wow. You suggest that I am the only one that doesn't care for the way the music arrangers with Cavaliers chop up the music they perform. There have been numerous comments in this very forum about this. Visual before music is just not my preference. Sorry if that somehow offends you.... it was not my intention. And BTW I do know what year it is.

Huh?

I guess I've missed all the "chop-n-bop" comments about the Cavaliers... Oh wait, that's ANOTHER corps.... tongue.gif

musclebud, that's a first for me hearing about choppy arrangements from the Cavaliers. Now, I've heard about the visual before music comments, but that is a separate issue on these boards.

The Cavaliers, post Saucedo, is a very differently arranged corps than it has been for a while and one of the least choppy arranged corps in the current era. I mean, have you heard a Cavalier's show in the past two years? Nature boy? Smile? Jungle Tango? Have you heard the source material? Are you kidding me? shutup.gif

You may not like 'em or what they play, but their music is not choppy in comparison to the majority of other corps around today. smile.gif

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 4

If you come out this much "guns a blazin'" with that post---you should probably just put me on ignore now.

That post was a kitten compared to the lion of flame throwing I usually do.

1. How would I be offended by this comment?

2. You didn't say anything about it being choppy. You said something about it being musically forgettable. My post was a response to that. You can't change the topic after my response, to try to act insulted.

3. The cavaliers write their music before their drill. Terrifying, I know. This must be earth shattering news to you, but it is true. I've witnessed it with my own eyes. Even '01, the most visual first show I can think of, was... wait for it... wait for it... WRITTEN MUSICALLY FIRST. OMG, stop the presses!

4. The cavaliers give weight to the music in rehearsals and in the show. They have actually changed visual parts of the show to make the music better. OH THE HUMANITY, it can't be true, because my brother bubba told me otherwise, right?

5. I take little weight in what others on the forum say about the cavaliers. If I did, we'd be marching G bugles, with no yardlines, everything symmetric to the 50.

6. Of course you know what year it is. I was being silly, goofy, etc.

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken
  • Like 3

01. Blue Dev-holes

02. Couchaliers

03. Carolina Brown

04. Cradets

05. Santa Canton Phangaliers

06. Futon Regimen

07. Blue Kuhnigits

08. "Why are they 'booing'?"

09. Masculine Sprouts

10. Spirit of Star Trek

11. Florida Crusaders

12. Blue Sparks

Lol....Good one.

Hot Rumor.....Joan Rivers is going to critque what all the corps are wearing and souvie wear... we'll be waiting to hear who's going to be on her Fashion Winners and Fashho's of the summer...(I'm betting it will be the Green Shirted Judges will be her worst dressed) :music:

Hot Rumor.....Joan Rivers is going to critque what all the corps are wearing and souvie wear... we'll be waiting to hear who's going to be on her Fashion Winners and Fashho's of the summer...(I'm betting it will be the Green Shirted Judges will be her worst dressed) :music:

I here that Cavs are bring back the clown. Should be a great circus.

If you come out this much "guns a blazin'" with that post---you should probably just put me on ignore now.

That post was a kitten compared to the lion of flame throwing I usually do.

1. How would I be offended by this comment?

2. You didn't say anything about it being choppy. You said something about it being musically forgettable. My post was a response to that. You can't change the topic after my response, to try to act insulted.

3. The cavaliers write their music before their drill. Terrifying, I know. This must be earth shattering news to you, but it is true. I've witnessed it with my own eyes. Even '01, the most visual first show I can think of, was... wait for it... wait for it... WRITTEN MUSICALLY FIRST. OMG, stop the presses!

4. The cavaliers give weight to the music in rehearsals and in the show. They have actually changed visual parts of the show to make the music better. OH THE HUMANITY, it can't be true, because my brother bubba told me otherwise, right?

5. I take little weight in what others on the forum say about the cavaliers. If I did, we'd be marching G bugles, with no yardlines, everything symmetric to the 50.

6. Of course you know what year it is. I was being silly, goofy, etc.

So you were being goofy and silly? Well guess what..... SO WAS I. This is a predictions thread and really shouldn't be taken too seriously. In my original comment I said Cavaliers guard costumes reminded me of Sea Monkeys. That was obviously meant to be funny.

So can just we just lighten up a little? I'm not going to post another comment in this particular thread because I am starting to get excited about the season ahead... and in particular Cavalier's so there is really no need to send back a list of grievances.

Edited by musclebud

1. Blue Devils

2. The Cavaliers

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Carolina Crown

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Blue Stars

7. Madison Scouts

8. The Cadets

9. Bluecoats

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Blue Knights

12. The Academy

Edited by Forte Piano
  • Like 2

1. Blue Devils

2. The Cavaliers

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Carolina Crown

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Blue Stars

7. Madison Scouts

8. The Cadets

9. Bluecoats

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Blue Knights

12. The Academy

Interesting. It'd be the first time in 32 years that The Cadets would finish this low... and especially after winning it all last year. The Cadets have never even finished out of the top 6 in the last 30 years, so this sure would be a shocker.

Edited by BRASSO

I never count the cadets out. They are just plain dangerous. except for their placement I would like to see a top twelve like this. (with SCV in 3rd place and quite possibly winning it all in 2013)