841 replies to this topic

#561 musclebud

musclebud

DCP Veteran

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

That makes one of us. Nature boy was awesome. Literally sang that thing for months. A genuine, memorable melody---in a drum corps show!? What is this!? 1979!?

Wow. You suggest that I am the only one that doesn't care for the way the music arrangers with Cavaliers chop up the music they perform. There have been numerous comments in this very forum about this. Visual before music is just not my preference. Sorry if that somehow offends you.... it was not my intention. And BTW I do know what year it is.

#562 jjeffeory

jjeffeory

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,625 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Wow. You suggest that I am the only one that doesn't care for the way the music arrangers with Cavaliers chop up the music they perform. There have been numerous comments in this very forum about this. Visual before music is just not my preference. Sorry if that somehow offends you.... it was not my intention. And BTW I do know what year it is.

Huh?

I guess I've missed all the "chop-n-bop" comments about the Cavaliers... Oh wait, that's ANOTHER corps.... Posted Image

musclebud, that's a first for me hearing about choppy arrangements from the Cavaliers. Now, I've heard about the visual before music comments, but that is a separate issue on these boards.
The Cavaliers, post Saucedo, is a very differently arranged corps than it has been for a while and one of the least choppy arranged corps in the current era. I mean, have you heard a Cavalier's show in the past two years? Nature boy? Smile? Jungle Tango? Have you heard the source material? Are you kidding me? Posted Image

You may not like 'em or what they play, but their music is not choppy in comparison to the majority of other corps around today. Posted Image

Edited by jjeffeory, 24 April 2012 - 01:34 PM.

Jeff

#563 GeneralTsoChicken

GeneralTsoChicken

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

If you come out this much "guns a blazin'" with that post---you should probably just put me on ignore now.

That post was a kitten compared to the lion of flame throwing I usually do.

1. How would I be offended by this comment?

2. You didn't say anything about it being choppy. You said something about it being musically forgettable. My post was a response to that. You can't change the topic after my response, to try to act insulted.

3. The cavaliers write their music before their drill. Terrifying, I know. This must be earth shattering news to you, but it is true. I've witnessed it with my own eyes. Even '01, the most visual first show I can think of, was... wait for it... wait for it... WRITTEN MUSICALLY FIRST. OMG, stop the presses!

4. The cavaliers give weight to the music in rehearsals and in the show. They have actually changed visual parts of the show to make the music better. OH THE HUMANITY, it can't be true, because my brother bubba told me otherwise, right?

5. I take little weight in what others on the forum say about the cavaliers. If I did, we'd be marching G bugles, with no yardlines, everything symmetric to the 50.

6. Of course you know what year it is. I was being silly, goofy, etc.

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken, 24 April 2012 - 01:33 PM.

My posts are in no way endorsed or supported by General_tsos_chicken2. I am sarcastic, rarely serious, negative, blunt, and not afraid to step on Corps loyalty. If you are offended by my posts, turn off your computer and walk away. The internet is obviously too big of a jungle for you!

#564 Cadets98

Cadets98

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

01. Blue Dev-holes
02. Couchaliers
03. Carolina Brown
04. Cradets
05. Santa Canton Phangaliers
06. Futon Regimen
07. Blue Kuhnigits
08. "Why are they 'booing'?"
09. Masculine Sprouts
10. Spirit of Star Trek
11. Florida Crusaders
12. Blue Sparks

Lol....Good one.

#565 blueorginal

blueorginal

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hot Rumor.....Joan Rivers is going to critque what all the corps are wearing and souvie wear... we'll be waiting to hear who's going to be on her Fashion Winners and Fashho's of the summer...(I'm betting it will be the Green Shirted Judges will be her worst dressed) :music:
Ken Dahl
Bluecoats Baritone 1973-1976
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#566 emc2

emc2

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hot Rumor.....Joan Rivers is going to critque what all the corps are wearing and souvie wear... we'll be waiting to hear who's going to be on her Fashion Winners and Fashho's of the summer...(I'm betting it will be the Green Shirted Judges will be her worst dressed) :music:

I here that Cavs are bring back the clown. Should be a great circus.

#567 musclebud

musclebud

DCP Veteran

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

If you come out this much "guns a blazin'" with that post---you should probably just put me on ignore now.

That post was a kitten compared to the lion of flame throwing I usually do.

1. How would I be offended by this comment?

2. You didn't say anything about it being choppy. You said something about it being musically forgettable. My post was a response to that. You can't change the topic after my response, to try to act insulted.

3. The cavaliers write their music before their drill. Terrifying, I know. This must be earth shattering news to you, but it is true. I've witnessed it with my own eyes. Even '01, the most visual first show I can think of, was... wait for it... wait for it... WRITTEN MUSICALLY FIRST. OMG, stop the presses!

4. The cavaliers give weight to the music in rehearsals and in the show. They have actually changed visual parts of the show to make the music better. OH THE HUMANITY, it can't be true, because my brother bubba told me otherwise, right?

5. I take little weight in what others on the forum say about the cavaliers. If I did, we'd be marching G bugles, with no yardlines, everything symmetric to the 50.

6. Of course you know what year it is. I was being silly, goofy, etc.

So you were being goofy and silly? Well guess what..... SO WAS I. This is a predictions thread and really shouldn't be taken too seriously. In my original comment I said Cavaliers guard costumes reminded me of Sea Monkeys. That was obviously meant to be funny.
So can just we just lighten up a little? I'm not going to post another comment in this particular thread because I am starting to get excited about the season ahead... and in particular Cavalier's so there is really no need to send back a list of grievances.

Edited by musclebud, 26 April 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#568 Forte Piano

Forte Piano

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

1. Blue Devils
2. The Cavaliers
3. Santa Clara Vanguard
4. Carolina Crown
5. Phantom Regiment
6. Blue Stars
7. Madison Scouts
8. The Cadets
9. Bluecoats
10. Boston Crusaders
11. Blue Knights
12. The Academy

Edited by Forte Piano, 30 April 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#569 BRASSO

BRASSO

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,225 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

1. Blue Devils
2. The Cavaliers
3. Santa Clara Vanguard
4. Carolina Crown
5. Phantom Regiment
6. Blue Stars
7. Madison Scouts
8. The Cadets
9. Bluecoats
10. Boston Crusaders
11. Blue Knights
12. The Academy

Interesting. It'd be the first time in 32 years that The Cadets would finish this low... and especially after winning it all last year. The Cadets have never even finished out of the top 6 in the last 30 years, so this sure would be a shocker.

Edited by BRASSO, 30 April 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#570 flammaster

flammaster

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

I never count the cadets out. They are just plain dangerous. except for their placement I would like to see a top twelve like this. (with SCV in 3rd place and quite possibly winning it all in 2013)

huckleberry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.