841 replies to this topic

#591 chaos001

chaos001

DCP Fanatic

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

In addition to my consistent prediction whoever scores highest wins, I also predict if Dennis is on the telecast, he'll blast a corps about something

In all seriousness, he needs to go. You can't be a great spokesperson for the activity when you're so ###### bitter all the time.

#592 Mr.Potato.Head

Mr.Potato.Head

DCP Veteran

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

In all seriousness, he needs to go. You can't be a great spokesperson for the activity when you're so ###### bitter all the time.

I wonder which corps it will be this year......

#593 chaddyt

chaddyt

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

My gut feelings:

1. The Cadets will have a very rough year, one of their worst ever. (as stock with champions, however, they will come out scoring big---so wait until later in the season to judge this prediction)

2. The Cavaliers will have a very rough year, one of their worst in recent history. (the music caption will be their obviously strongest caption, first in a long time)

3. The Troopers will be way better than people expect. (cool show concept, better membership than the past, texas influx/influence, more competetive move in strategy)

4. Phantom Regiment will be stronger visually than musically. Both KCs and Jamey Thompson are AWESOME and the stuff they started last season will only be better this season.

There's no room for error if you want to remain in the top 5. On top of the usual contenders, there are many other corps that have shown the ability to get in the ring. As much as I am a Cadets homer, I do not have high hopes for this year. I don't know how this years' show/theme was arrived at, but it's disheartening coming from a corps that prides itself on innovation. Yes, the Cadets will put their unique spin on Christmas music, and...

... that's it.

They can add themselves to the list of every single other artist out there that has released a Christmas album.

I wish them the best of luck and I hope the kids have a great summer.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I could agree with you... But then we'd both be wrong.

#594 shortn'sour

shortn'sour

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

I wonder which corps it will be this year......

He, and Cesario, wasted no time in calling out The Blue Stars last year.

#595 Cadets98

Cadets98

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

He, and Cesario, wasted no time in calling out The Blue Stars last year.

I really don't think this should be discouraged. It makes it exciting and controversial which generates interest. Would you like to see Corso not put on his mascot headgear and just tell both teams that they all are in the end, winners? Come on. We're all grown ups and these kids are the most mature in the world. They can handle it. It makes it interesting. No one wants to hear we are all just hunky-dory no matter what. This topic has become a real pet-peeve of mind--people on DCP that would rather wear their safety helmets than talk honestly.

#596 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156,845 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

ya know, I have mixed reactions, even dealing with him in indoor....sometimes he is just a grumpy old man. But sometimes he says what needs to be said in the way it needs to be said

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.

#597 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156,845 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

I really don't think this should be discouraged. It makes it exciting and controversial which generates interest. Would you like to see Corso not put on his mascot headgear and just tell both teams that they all are in the end, winners? Come on. We're all grown ups and these kids are the most mature in the world. They can handle it. It makes it interesting. No one wants to hear we are all just hunky-dory no matter what. This topic has become a real pet-peeve of mind--people on DCP that would rather wear their safety helmets than talk honestly.

:worthy:

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.

#598 Rifuarian

Rifuarian

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:33 AM

Rif,

My BS detector is flashing.

Kevin

Keep looking. I promise you it's there. Could be buried pretty deep, though, so you might need a very close friend with a flashlight to help you out.

#599 Abzilla

Abzilla

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

1. Crown
2. Cavaliers
3. Blue Devils
4. Cadets
5. Phantom
6. Bluecoats
7. SCV
8. BAC
9. Madison
10. Blue Knights
11. Blue Stars
12. Academy

#600 general_tsos_chicken2

general_tsos_chicken2

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

I LIKE when dennis is critical and says things how they are... why do we have to be all lovy dubby sunshine and lollypops?
NOT to be confused with GeneralTsoChicken....different person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.