841 replies to this topic

#601 Jeff Ream

Jeff Ream

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158,735 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

I LIKE when dennis is critical and says things how they are... why do we have to be all lovy dubby sunshine and lollypops?

"we can't hurt the kids"

hell, you should hear what the kids say

Jeff Ream
Westshoremen 89,90,95,96, 1996 DCA World Champions, Bucs drum staff 00, Empire drum staff 01 Shore alumni 02-,
RIP Sean Holton. We miss you and we love you
Dealing with idiots takes a special kind of patience and a hint of perversion. Luckily for DCP, I have both to spare

Unlike Congress, I never shut down.

#602 kickhaltsforlife

kickhaltsforlife

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,537 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

I remember clapping when Dennis said whatever he said last year. I forget what.

And it's not USBands where everyone gets a trophy. I welcome and encourage criticism. This is DCI. Marching Music's Major Leauge.

So they better be expecting criticism. Just like I criticize the Eagles or Lebron.
Jason
Xmen Euph '08 '09

I have always been a Phillies fan, even when they sucked before, and now that they suck again...

Equal Opportunity Complainer

2010 GOT Forum ROTY

#603 Hook'emCavies

Hook'emCavies

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

1. Cadets- Cadets know how to sale weird shows! It's just too bad my favorite corps is playing music I hate! ( Christmas Music! Yuck!)
2. Cavaliers- They will be fine visually. A fresh visual approach will do the Cavaliers good.
3. Blue Devils- With the new judging system, visual content means something again! It will be great to see the Devils march a more difficult show.
4. BlueCoats- They have had to have learned a lesson from last year.
5. Vanguard- Drums will be better this year. I see them moving up!
5. Crown- One of my favorite shows last year! One of my favorite corps! But, So many staff changes!
7. Phantom-
8. Madison- New Guard Staff, New Drum Staff! could go higher!
9. Blue Stars-
9. Boston-
11. Blue Knights- I don't know! It's February
12. Spirit-
13. Colts-
14. Glassmen
15. Troopers
16. Crossmen
17. Academy
18. Jersey Surf
19. Oregon Crusaders
20. Pacific Crest
21. Vanguard Cadets
22. Devils B
23.Mandarin
24. Teal Sound
25. Pioneer

Based on nothing!

I loved the comment you had for The Cavaliers. :thumbup:

#604 chaos001

chaos001

DCP Fanatic

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

I LIKE when dennis is critical and says things how they are... why do we have to be all lovy dubby sunshine and lollypops?

I didn't say that he had to spray rainbows and glitter everywhere. He just always looks ticked-off to be there announcing.

Edited by chaos001, 02 May 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#teamBACon

#605 general_tsos_chicken2

general_tsos_chicken2

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

I didn't say that he had to spray rainbows and glitter everywhere. He just always looks ticked-off to be there announcing.

but you didn't NOT say that he had to spray rainbows and glitter everywhere ....

:tongue:
NOT to be confused with GeneralTsoChicken....different person.

#606 chaos001

chaos001

DCP Fanatic

• Inactive/Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

but you didn't NOT say that he had to spray rainbows and glitter everywhere ....

:tongue:

Assumptions...

That is all.
#teamBACon

#607 blazek

blazek

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Now that pretty much all of the shows/rep have been announced...

1st-2nd - BD and Crown
3rd - Cavies
4th - Cadets
5th - SCV
6th - Bluecoats
7th - Boston
8th - Phantom
9th - Madison
10th - BK
11th - Spirit
12th - Blue Stars

#608 kentw

kentw

DCP Rookie

• Inactive/Closed
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Now that pretty much all of the shows/rep have been announced...

1st-2nd - BD and Crown
3rd - Cavies
4th - Cadets
5th - SCV
6th - Bluecoats
7th - Boston
8th - Phantom
9th - Madison
10th - BK
11th - Spirit
12th - Blue Stars

I'm surprised you put Boston so high, especially over Phantom. Quite confident in Crown too... hmmmm... We'll see I guess. :tongue:
You've gotta know your [freakin'] dots. You have to. You have to!

#609 blazek

blazek

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

I'm surprised you put Boston so high, especially over Phantom. Quite confident in Crown too... hmmmm... We'll see I guess. :tongue:

I'm a big fan of Pines of Rome and Mahler 1, so if they put out a solid product, I think the rep will carry them pretty far. That's also not that high, considering they got 8th last year. Phantom has also dealt with a lot of changes that might provide a challenge to remaining competitive, but I have no doubt they will still put out a solid and enjoyable product. Crown and BD seem to have the only concepts in the top 4 to seriously merit a championship; while I have complete faith in the Cavaliers and Cadets to put on great shows, they don't strike me as having the kind of serious connotations that could be associated with previous championships. However, the only way that Crown will win its first championship is if they make it absolutely undeniable that they deserve it over the Cadevaliers, from a design and execution standpoint. I'm skeptical of the possibility considering the number of staff changes, particularly visual, but I wouldn't count them out with the design they've recently announced.

#610 GeneralTsoChicken

GeneralTsoChicken

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Kids in corps take harsh criticism very well. It is either something they've already figured out on their own, or they know the critic is full of crap.

They spend all summer together, they know the show like the back of their hand. Many of them are the future educators and innovators in the activity. They aren't stupid.

When D says something on point, the kids know it is on point. When Michael Cesario says stuff that makes no sense (and sounds like gay Bruce from Family Guy)---the kids laugh about it, because they know how off point he is.

Treat your marching kids like they are intelligent. Treat your audience like they are intelligent.

I'm not saying recreate the battle of Waterloo out there, but people aren't as stupid as they act in large crowds. Especially in an activity segment of the liberal fine arts.

My posts are in no way endorsed or supported by General_tsos_chicken2. I am sarcastic, rarely serious, negative, blunt, and not afraid to step on Corps loyalty. If you are offended by my posts, turn off your computer and walk away. The internet is obviously too big of a jungle for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.