Rule Proposal #2

Galen

13 members have voted

1. 1. Proposal #2

• Yes
    • No

Proposal: Class A corps may not select any GE captions valued higher than 20 points. Directors that select GE captions valued higher than 20 points will be assessed a 0.1 penalty for each point they are over, for each show they are in violation of this rule.

Rationale: This proposal, if passed, would put the focus in Class A on performance, rather than effect and design. It would give Class A directors more flexibility in picking their captions instead of just using the best GE corps and loading up on cheapest possible options for everything else. Puts the proportion of caption points between GE captions and other captions more in line with Open Class corps. Since it would be too difficult to script this change, the penalty would put directors "on their honor" as well as negate any potential advantage gained by going over the limit. Directors who exceed this would be notified via PM/email and instructed to change their captions or face a penalty of .1 for each point in excess of the limit they use.

Submitted by:

Matt Briddell, Executive Director

No as it currently reads, but like the concept. wish it could be scripted.

What about the way it's written isn't to your liking?

What about the way it's written isn't to your liking?

Well, To Be Honest, I think that it would need to be scripted. The .1 penalty would just add to the strategy. For example... If you took Cadets GE Vis. this year, Cadets is a 21 pt corps. You would get a .1 in penalty, but have a .75 increas in GE over PR which was 20. a net gain of .65. In GE Music, you would have a net gain of .55.

Like I said, I really like the concept, but would only vote yes if it was scripted.

Yes

no

Yes