Which trumpet manufacturer do you prefer?

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which trumpet manufacturer do you prefer?

• Dynasty
    • Yamaha
    • King
    • Jupiter
    • Bach
    • Other (what brand?)

Depends on the medium.

• Like 1

I voted other - Taylor

I've played plenty trumpets by Bach, Yamaha. I've also played a Lawler, a Calicchio, and even a Monette. Nothing compares to my Taylor Chicago X-Lite (for me). Well I guess the Monette was close. :winky:

• Like 1

Of those listed, the upper level Yamahas are great horns, but my preference goes towards the Schilke trumpets anyday. I also really love the Old Martin Committee horns, and the Olds band horns. I play an Olds Super in most of my daily playing, and most of my friends refer to it as my 'Strad killer'

They have to buy about 10-15 of these for the band. And its for your 8th-12th graders.

Well that being said, you cannot go wrong with a line of student or intermediate Bach or Yamaha horns! They are reliable, in tune, and play just fine for the new and developing players. Of those two, I would still prefer Yamaha, but also take a SERIOUS look at the Getzen Capri trumpets, alot of horn for the money, they are a good value. In my area, most popular student horns are Yamaha and Getzen, and I've not seen anyone having any troubles with any of them.

I play on a Benge 3x L.A. Custom serial #17996, MLP bore (pretty much a large bore). I'd say it was made around 1973(ish). I love my horn.

Edited by kaseyW

I play on an older 50s Conn Victor. Better than strads IMO. And Conn's Connstellations are fantastic. Old directors are great for being a student horn. :D

Marching horns I do enjoy Jupiters O.o yamaha too. But overall old Conns.