New Visual Designs for 2012 Blue Stars

Despite how this poster phrased his skepticism, there *is* a point here.

There have been plenty of discussions about (a) Myron Rosander's drill being very cool but very difficult to get clean (b) Michael Shapiro's guard work being just crazy ridonkulous hard -- again with implications to getting clean.

I guess my point would be these tendencies are well known to the rest of the Blue Stars design team and they certainly have the opportunity to take them into account. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Mr. Rosander's drill on the field again and for some reason I think he's gonna be a good fit at the Stars.

Blue Stars are historically known for taking on difficult shows and cleaning the #### out of them, so this seems right in line with the corps' tendencies.

• Like 1

Despite how this poster phrased his skepticism, there *is* a point here.

There have been plenty of discussions about (a) Myron Rosander's drill being very cool but very difficult to get clean (b) Michael Shapiro's guard work being just crazy ridonkulous hard -- again with implications to getting clean.

I guess my point would be these tendencies are well known to the rest of the Blue Stars design team and they certainly have the opportunity to take them into account. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Mr. Rosander's drill on the field again and for some reason I think he's gonna be a good fit at the Stars.

Blue Stars are historically known for taking on difficult shows and cleaning the #### out of them, so this seems right in line with the corps' tendencies.

Now thanks to 3rd and 10...we can actually have a real conversation about the pros and cons about the hire. I don't know why everyone has to jump on someone for being critical; it actually leads to good discussions. Can you imagine a sports show where everyone was positive ALL the time? It just seems like many on DCP would rather we all wear our protective helmets and constantly be nice. Just not realistic and very boring. And besides while I don't think it will be a complete disaster, it will be interesting to see how these two strong personalities, both of whom I've worked with, will work together. It might work and it might not. I wish them the best. But it serves no purpose to post at all if I hold back my true opinions just because they aren't blanket positive statements. Take off your safety helmets people and have a little thicker skin.

• Like 3

I am looking forward to seeing blue stars march myrons drill, but what shows have the blue stars cleaned the **** out of??

Not last year's that's for sure. There's enough residual dirt leftover from last year's to put them way behind schedule.

• Like 7

Not last year's that's for sure. There's enough residual dirt leftover from last year's to put them way behind schedule.

I know im a homer and all, but given the drill flaws and the design disaster, compared to what other products are being brought out, id say there are only a few teams who could have marched that drill any cleaner. If the stars had the same talent from last year thrown into several of the recent stars shows, we would be talking top six right now. The kids were not at fault

• Like 3

I know im a homer and all, but given the drill flaws and the design disaster, compared to what other products are being brought out, id say there are only a few teams who could have marched that drill any cleaner. If the stars had the same talent from last year thrown into several of the recent stars shows, we would be talking top six right now. The kids were not at fault

Agreed. Y'all made the most of it for sure. The talent and training was awesome as has it has been the last few years.

• Like 2

I completely agree. They did the best with what they had.

I have my reservations with Rosander's drill as it is usually amazing, but is crazy hard to clean. Regiment tried all season in 2010 but never could clean it all the way.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I completely agree. They did the best with what they had.

I have my reservations with Rosander's drill as it is usually amazing, but is crazy hard to clean. Regiment tried all season in 2010 but never could clean it all the way.

M.R. should make a big plus for the Blue Stars, 2012 is gonna be fun!

• Like 1