DCPI Season 17 Discussion Thread

Galen

I'm proud to announce that OSDC's Class A corps, The Analog Corps, has won its first event in Utica! The crowd particularly enjoyed the music selections. FR and TOS still have work to do before they can hope for a win (though they have come close), but they are improving!

Congratulations!

The Forward Dynamics Organization is traveling back to the midwest from our West Coast tour. We'll be back in action this weekend in our home state of Wisconsin, including the FD home show in Madison on Saturday!

On behalf of Feenicks and INT, I would just like to say congratulations! I know how happy this makes you feel, since yesterday, also in Utica, Feenicks won their first show in World Class as well, and currently sitting in first place overall. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but you also won the Kingston show on 1-20. :smile:

Scores for tonight are up, and the trend of first-time show winners is continuing as Lake Ontario Crusaders and the Iron Knights both notch their first DCPI wins. I'm definitely liking the trend this season of new faces stepping up and challenging the established powerhouses.

I'm definitely liking the trend this season of new faces stepping up and challenging the established powerhouses.

My Lions got pummeled pretty good last night, ending our unbeaten streak, but I do gotta agree with this. A very good season so far. /salute!

Happy February! We've survived a fairly mild winter (so far) and we're getting close to the season being halfway over, believe it or not!

Today in Asheville NC, several corps try to climb the mountain at Asheville HS.

AshevilleNCAshevilleHS5000.jpg

Eastern corps take a walk down memory lane at Dilboy Field, near Malden MA. While parking will be scare, the recent upgrades to this facility make it one of the nicer ones in the Boston area.

MaldenMADilboyStadium2000.jpg

Coming off one traditional Midwest show in Evanston is another one in Rockford IL. It will take place at Boylan HS as usual, although the growing number of corps wanting to attend this event is prompting some concerns that it may have to relocate to a larger venue in the future.

RockfordILBoylanCentralHS4000.jpg

Lots of close scores last night! Looks like several corps have been stepping their games up over the last few days.

As usual, the Punxsatawney Rat is predicting 6 more weeks of winter. Hopefully he won't be a harbinger of bad weather for the rest of our season.

Today, southern corps swing through "The Reservation" at Gaffney HS near Spartanburg.

GaffneySCGaffneyHS7000.jpg

Fans in Portland OR will again enjoy corps' performances from underneath the covered stands at Hillsboro Stadium.

PortlandORHillsboroStadium6000.jpg

The New England leg of the tour takes a bend through the Granite State with today's show at Stellos Stadium in Nashua NH.

NashuaNHStellosStadium5000.jpg

Today's theme is "Events in Towns that all have multiple words in their name"

While eastern corps take a break, southern corps have Georgia on their minds at McConnell-Talbert Stadium in Warner Robins.

WarnerRobinsGAMcConnell-TalbertStadium7000.jpg

Midwest corps will be in for a "fond" reception at Fond du Lac, WI's Oriole Athletic Complex.

FondduLacWIOrioleAthleticComplex2500.jpg

West coast corps travel up to the Tri-Cities WA region. This year, the show takes place at Lampson Stadium in Kennewick.

KennewickWALampsonStadium6000.jpg

Man never leave your alcoholic assistant director in charge of the tour for a week!!! what the heck happened? Congrats to the Feenicks who broke our undefeated streak--now to kick some kids back into championship stride!!!

And what better place to start than your homeshow.

Starting tour on the left coast seemed to throw the Avengers for a loop as we had a pretty slow start out of the gate. The kids seemed to have found their stride though as we captured our first win of the season in Portland. The Hurricanes are having the best season in the history of the corps and are becoming a true Open Class contender placing in the top 3 in their last 7 shows and winning 3 of them. Los Tiburones, currently in their sophomore season as a drum corps, has also had a recent surge of their own as they climb up the Class A standings. The Canes and Tibs will continue touring the south while the Avengers will next compete in Seattle before heading into Canada.

Today's events- the last weekend before regionals, and also the last events before the next point bump goes into effect.

The Knights look to get back on their feet at their home show at Fitzpatrick Stadium in Portland, ME.

PortlandMEFitzpatrickStadium6000.jpg

Southern corps have the largest event of the day at Herndon Stadium in Atlanta, GA.

AtlantaGAHerndonStadium20000.jpg

Midwest corps visit the site of last season's finals in Madison WI.

MadisonWICampRandallStadium80000-1.jpg

And Western corps battle fog, rain and clouds at Everett Memorial Stadium in Seattle WA.

EverettWAMemorialStadium2.jpg