What shows first turned you on to drum corps, and why?

There seems to be a fairly common thread here in that so many of us were first drawn to the activity by seeing the live broadcast on PBS. I understand the time and cost of putting together such a complex live show in today's marketing based media. But couldn't we do without one repeat airing of some "Real Housewives", "Hoarders", or "16 and Pregnant" to allow for a good, clean, educational Drum Corps Show? For me it was seeing it on TV first that got me excited to see it live the following year.

I know it's just wishful thinking on my part.

I would certainly be agreeable to that, but as long as the target audience for a DCI broadcast keeps on watching those shows you mentioned, which bring in huge advertising revenue, we're not going to be able to compete with that. If Justin Beiber would state that there is nothing cooler on the face of the planet than DCI drum corps, then we might stand a chance. And if we had to compete in a time slot with "Real 16 and Pregnant Housewife Hoarders," then Katy, bar the door.

Edited by Michael Boo

First shows I saw were, Cavaliers' "The Machine" and Phantom's "Harmonic Journey". Then I saw Spartacus after 2008 and wanted to kick myself for not going to the 2008 show since my high school goes to DCI Atlanta every year and they let anyone come and my brothers were already going. Then I went in 2009 for my first live show and Crown's "The Grass is Greener" sealed it off and I have been a major Crown fan since.

First show I saw in person was Cavalier's "Mad World." Didn't understand what was going on until I looked up DCI in November and was introduced to Carolina Crown's "A Second Chance."

I am pretty sure I have listened to Mad World, Second Chance, Through a Glass Darkly, and Metropolis 100+ times apiece.

I was in high school marching band, and one of the percussionists told me to look up the Cadets if I wanted to see some really intense performers. I looked them up on youtube, and as I watched them, I did my research, and found out more about each corps. I then found the full show of Phantom Regiment 2008 , and after watching it, I was hooked