Onyx 2012, SCV, Flanagan Braddock.. etc..

thedova

I hear they arent the guard of last year...........whatever that means......lol

Did you hear anything about West Broward?

I watch Flanagan on U Tube and the show is sooo good! orlando visual looks soo cluttered and there props are not even necessary.. But they have a lot of talent and potential!

Orlando Visual is another Tony Florio production (LOVE LOVE LOVE that man!!!) and I'm excited to see how they clean up as the season moves along.

Blessed Sacrament apparently is presenting the effects or after-effects of a tornado in OZ and spins tiny equipment and has swirling drill.

Pride of Cincinnati scored an 83 this past weekend - Onyx was suppossed to compete with them but didn't show up (scared to lose perhaps?).

Milford (OH) had a good showing in the scholastic open class scoring in the mid-60s. And O2 scored in the mid 70s in the IO class.

I watched Beatrix - not quite as strong as last years group...yet. Some very interesting mirror ideas being presented that could prove to be quite thrilling which witnessed live (I think video editing would probably diminish the subtle nuances that this program could afford).

A friend (and trusted resource) told me that Les Eclipses is VERY strong this year and Les Eclipses 'A' is coming to Dayton this year for the first time.

• Like 1

I hear they arent the guard of last year...........whatever that means......lol

they aren't...they're 20 times better than last year. Their show is entitled "And the Wars that followed". they're depicting life overseas and what a soldier goes through. I've seen this show for myself and have to say they are medal worthy again...if they don't medal thats ok...they're gonna have the audience on their feet. Their floor is cut up into different shapes and painted different colors...maybe an effect of abstract camouflage? but the show starts off with this underlying heartbeat and a man speaking (I think the speech is from Hurt Locker). I'm excited that this show is not actually based off of a movie this year but instead it's more emotional than ever. The performers start out by searching for something as if making sure the coast is clear after being thrown into unknown territory and not even 30 seconds into the show the rifle line proves their point...their rifle line is one of the best I've seen out of this group. There is an insane rifle ripple this year...longer than 2010 "The Passion". The Dance line this year is one to watch...they only dance for the first half then pick up flag but they do this reenactment of soldiers being checked by their officer and as they do that rifle line is exchanging over them. Its one moment after the other with this group this year. You don't have to like them, but, they are going to keep everyone on the edge of their seats if not standing. Don't miss this group at WGI this year. You want to see them.

they aren't...they're 20 times better than last year. Their show is entitled "And the Wars that followed". they're depicting life overseas and what a soldier goes through. I've seen this show for myself and have to say they are medal worthy again...if they don't medal thats ok...they're gonna have the audience on their feet. Their floor is cut up into different shapes and painted different colors...maybe an effect of abstract camouflage? but the show starts off with this underlying heartbeat and a man speaking (I think the speech is from Hurt Locker). I'm excited that this show is not actually based off of a movie this year but instead it's more emotional than ever. The performers start out by searching for something as if making sure the coast is clear after being thrown into unknown territory and not even 30 seconds into the show the rifle line proves their point...their rifle line is one of the best I've seen out of this group. There is an insane rifle ripple this year...longer than 2010 "The Passion". The Dance line this year is one to watch...they only dance for the first half then pick up flag but they do this reenactment of soldiers being checked by their officer and as they do that rifle line is exchanging over them. Its one moment after the other with this group this year. You don't have to like them, but, they are going to keep everyone on the edge of their seats if not standing. Don't miss this group at WGI this year. You want to see them.

cool. :thumbup: .....interesting mix of views...cant wait to see for myself

Edited by GUARDLING

I watch Flanagan on U Tube and the show is sooo good! orlando visual looks soo cluttered and there props are not even necessary.. But they have a lot of talent and potential!

Looks like Flanagan 8 pointed them at W. Broward (77.8 to 69.5), but haven't seen ANY shows (not on FN this year).

I heard W Broward was doing a 9/11 show ..Dont know how true it is but heard it was the actual calls or recordings from actual people..thats 2nd hand from another HS from their area who was at the show. I kinda hope its not actual people from 9/11.....might come off as tacky or disrespectful. Again not really sure , just what I heard........Have loved their rise in past few years.

Also heard its the best Flanagan ever....very different for them this year although more tossing than ever.

Onyx was suppossed to compete with them but didn't show up (scared to lose perhaps?).

Onyx was there, in exhibition. And they performed quite well. The design is a lot better than last years. the show is just as inovative as recent years, but with much more of a fan friendly design than last year. As to why they only did exhibition... who knows you may be right. Probably a mental game being played there somewhere.

Wow.....you sound a lot like an insider to this program. Thats a lot of information about their show that they haven't even released yet. Granted, yes it is true. Braddock is really freaking amazing this year. Their rifle line is the strongest that I have seen in years.

West Broward is a SUPER emotional show to me. I had goosebumps watching them. It is a 9/11 show but I like the way they pull it off. It isnt disrespectful in the least.

Flanagan is amazing. They always have been and always will be. I dont know where they got their boys from this year but #### they are GOOD!

I think the silent killer this year in South Florida will be Cypress Bay Open. Talk about a well designed and well performed show!!! I love watching the growth this program has had through the years.

Wow.....you sound a lot like an insider to this program. Thats a lot of information about their show that they haven't even released yet. Granted, yes it is true. Braddock is really freaking amazing this year. Their rifle line is the strongest that I have seen in years.

Yeah, sounds like an insider. But they can hype up Braddock because it's true -- they're freakin' awesome.

West Broward is a SUPER emotional show to me. I had goosebumps watching them. It is a 9/11 show but I like the way they pull it off. It isnt disrespectful in the least.

This show is tacky and a poor decision for their world class debut. The soundtrack gives me a headache and the production is above the performer's maturity level. It's unlikely it will make top 10.

Flanagan is amazing. They always have been and always will be. I dont know where they got their boys from this year but #### they are GOOD!

This is probably a show that will go down in WGI history. Flanagan is a definite gold medal contender.

I think the silent killer this year in South Florida will be Cypress Bay Open. Talk about a well designed and well performed show!!! I love watching the growth this program has had through the years.

Absolutely. Cypress Bay is not messing around this year. I see them going very far. Such a beautifully designed and thought-out show.

Yeah, sounds like an insider. But they can hype up Braddock because it's true -- they're freakin' awesome.

This show is tacky and a poor decision for their world class debut. The soundtrack gives me a headache and the production is above the performer's maturity level. It's unlikely it will make top 10.

This is probably a show that will go down in WGI history. Flanagan is a definite gold medal contender.

Absolutely. Cypress Bay is not messing around this year. I see them going very far. Such a beautifully designed and thought-out show.

Is it the soundtrack that makes it tacky??

Do you feel the same about Alter Ego's 2008 show or Zydeco's 2007 show.., which used recorder messages from family at the end I believe.

I havent seen the show, so just trying to understand what makes them tack as opposed to the other guard who have done 9/11 themes...?? Let me know :blink: