Onyx 2012, SCV, Flanagan Braddock.. etc..

thedova

So I watched Fantasia's show and yep, its just asking for controversy. I do like it so far, but definitely thing the show is strong enough to be top 5 yet. I think the groups isn't as strong as their 2008 all rifle group, so in my opinions, they would benefit from a flag statement or some re writes. A lot of their rifle work is just flourishes that stay flat to front, and some tossing thrown in. There is a lot of potential, but as of right now they aren't scoring nearly as high as last year at this time.

I am loving First Flights show thought.. Great interpretation of Schindler's List. Beautiful Flag statement and some great GE

Saw a video of Fantasia (taken from back corner of floor). Can't wait to see it live from the front! It looks incredibly well designed and suspenseful!

I really enjoyed Fantasia's show, and it was very intense to watch in person. I think the moments are well planned out, and the staging is fantastic. Unfortunately I don't think they are where they'll need to be from a downstairs perspective to crack top 5 unless they have a lot of changes. If you pick an individual to watch, you'll notice they have about 8 counts of interesting work, followed by 16+ counts of fluff. There's always something cool going on, but there doesn't seem to be a high enough level of demand on the individuals to crack that top tier. Of course, that hasn't stopped them in the past. And that definitely didn't stop Onyx last year.

Edited by guardguy05
  • Like 2

so Diamante is going full out having their entire cast wearing bald caps. including females. So females have some hair showing out the top, so it looks like a mohawk with shaved sides. they are really getting into character.

so Diamante is going full out having their entire cast wearing bald caps. including females. So females have some hair showing out the top, so it looks like a mohawk with shaved sides. they are really getting into character.

Whoah! What's their theme ???

Later,

Mike

Whoah! What's their theme ???

Later,

Mike

Its called Sub terra. Like cave people? very ritualistic!

• Like 1

So I watched Fantasia's show and yep, its just asking for controversy. I do like it so far, but definitely thing the show is strong enough to be top 5 yet. I think the groups isn't as strong as their 2008 all rifle group, so in my opinions, they would benefit from a flag statement or some re writes. A lot of their rifle work is just flourishes that stay flat to front, and some tossing thrown in. There is a lot of potential, but as of right now they aren't scoring nearly as high as last year at this time.

I am loving First Flights show thought.. Great interpretation of Schindler's List. Beautiful Flag statement and some great GE

I haven't seen Fantasia yet but I will definitley agree with you on First Flight, I like their opening saber statement that leads into some of the prettiest flag work I've seen. Should be another interesting year in Dayton.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Well I hope no one planned on watching Fantasia on fan Network bc you cant. It says Fantasia requested their show not be available to view due to some content viewers may find objectable!??? Well Fantasia, dont do a controversial show if you dont want the backlash! If you were really concerned with peoples feelings you wouldnt do the show. You are merely trying to stir up buzz and its annoying.

I paid for fan Network, I expect to see all the shows.

I hope they do not plan on being on the DVD bc heaven forbid people find it offensive. Give me a break

• Like 1

I think Fantasia's approach to depicting Nazi Germany is actually quite good - it is a part of history....like it or not, it is. Perhaps the Jewish "firing squad" segment is a bit touchy, but in all honesty, I found it to be quite tastefully done and the ending of their program (assuming it was the real ending) that I saw was quite good.

Perhaps Fantasia is tweaking their program to not be as "offensive" as some may feel it to be... I, however, hope they leave it just the way it is. I LOVE it. Plain and simple. It is good, has GREAT costumes, cool staging moments and very interesting choreography. I'll be cheering loud and proud for Fantasia at WGI in April.

Fantasia is amazing! Just saw them tonight. Let me know if you want the details. The real crime was not when the Nazi firing squad killed 5 of 6 Jewish women, but when Arcadia performed. Wait 'til u see that. I guess cause I marched in Marquis it really offended me personally.

I just saw Arcadia on Fan Network and thought, "Is that Emerald Marquis out there?"