The Edge - Today's the day

I don't facebook,............what do we have here?

Can someone please cut and paste,........or something?

It's just a link to the Facebook fanpage for The Edge where people can post and follow the group. There's nothing to really copy/paste [edit - except what the poster below me did. :lookaround: ]

Edited by KCWolfPck

I don't facebook,............what do we have here?

Can someone please cut and paste,........or something?

David Bruni

Hi Drum Corps Friends!

We are so glad you are supporting the Edge in our mission of bringing drum corps to the main stream of America!

I know that if we can get drum corps on the big stage of television, we will help bring some much needed exposure for our beloved activity. We know that if more people knew about drum corps they would Love it like we do!

We just have to go where the new people are and that is not in the drum corps stadiums anymore. We need to go show them how exciting and entertaining our activity is so they want to Google “drum corps” and go to a show near them every summer!

In an attempt to launch our mission of bringing drum corps to the masses, we approached America’s Got Talent (AGT) and auditioned with great reviews from the producers in Charlotte. We were then scheduled to move onto New York City for a live recording in front of the celebrity judges.

We practiced a lot of hours, brought some of the best drum corps talent on the planet together and went to NYC to bring it to America!

Well they didn't give us a chance at all. It felt like the Jerry Springer show really. We were set up to be the bad act they love to humiliate for ratings. The producers of the show actually prepped the audience on how to “boo” just prior to the Edge taking the stage. In addition, the “boos” were piped through the sound systems facing the audience to initiate them to slam the group.

That is all we can say at this time but I wanted you all to know in case you see it on television. Stern and his fans in the audience didn't like us at all. Sterns negativity toward bands, drum corps, and the marching arts in general was certainly present.

One thing is certain - This will not stop our mission to bring thousands of new fans to drum corps!

We are working on three major announcements that will be coming out soon. Some great opportunities for the Edge and drum corps!

I want you all to know how proud I am of every person who went to NYC to perform with the Edge! Those people had the Guts to step up to a big plate take a risk and swing the bat for drum corps.

Again thank you for supporting us in our mission!

See you all at the EDGE!

David Bruni

• Like 1

Glad I don't watch shows like this....

Quote of the week: "We just have to go where the new people are and that is not in the drum corps stadiums anymore" :worthy:

I look forward to seeing it if it makes it on TV.

Well they didn't give us a chance at all. It felt like the Jerry Springer show really. We were set up to be the bad act they love to humiliate for ratings. The producers of the show actually prepped the audience on how to “boo” just prior to the Edge taking the stage. In addition, the “boos” were piped through the sound systems facing the audience to initiate them to slam the group.

I auditioned with a group of drum corps vets in 2009 for Americas got NO talent. We first tried to be professional and drum corps ish but at the end of the day they had us doing all sorts of silly stuff. Running up and down the hall. Acting like 12 year olds. Squatting and mojo in front of the cameras seemed all they were interested in. Anytime we tried to do something drum corpsish they had us doing something bizarre.

Sorry you had such a negative experience. Stern is ###### nozzle.

I auditioned with a group of drum corps vets in 2009 for Americas got NO talent. We first tried to be professional and drum corps ish but at the end of the day they had us doing all sorts of silly stuff. Running up and down the hall. Acting like 12 year olds. Squatting and mojo in front of the cameras seemed all they were interested in. Anytime we tried to do something drum corpsish they had us doing something bizarre.

Sorry you had such a negative experience. Stern is ###### nozzle.

one point...while I'm sure Sternand his fans didn't like them, it does sound a lot like the producers set them up to fail long before they got to be in front of the judges. So you can't totally fault Howard for that. He's one of three votes.

and...I hate to say this, as I would love to have seen the Edge move on, this is reality tv folks.....they celebrate the trash. Idol is more about who looks good than sings good...quick how many winners have had stellar music careers? No nearly as many as those who didn't win. How many Hell's Kitchen winners have you seen receiving 5 stars from Michelin?

yes the Edge is quality drum corps entertainment. But for folks that follow these shows, they want stuff like the Earth Harp. In order to score on these shows, you have to have a lot more than quality drum corps entertainment....because while I never followed AGT until this year, ow many AGT winners have gone on to have a career in show biz you've heard about?

• Like 1

one point...while I'm sure Sternand his fans didn't like them, it does sound a lot like the producers set them up to fail long before they got to be in front of the judges. So you can't totally fault Howard for that. He's one of three votes.

and...I hate to say this, as I would love to have seen the Edge move on, this is reality tv folks.....they celebrate the trash. Idol is more about who looks good than sings good...quick how many winners have had stellar music careers? No nearly as many as those who didn't win. How many Hell's Kitchen winners have you seen receiving 5 stars from Michelin?

yes the Edge is quality drum corps entertainment. But for folks that follow these shows, they want stuff like the Earth Harp. In order to score on these shows, you have to have a lot more than quality drum corps entertainment....because while I never followed AGT until this year, ow many AGT winners have gone on to have a career in show biz you've heard about?

Landau Eugene Murphy...i think it was last years winner..Sinatra sound alike....put out new album recently , seen him on tv a few times..Terry Fator..rags to riches literally....vegas act ventrilaquist.....makes millions now....theres a few from these shows but certainly some that dont make it also. I think bottom line is those who follow this stuff or people see if some make progress and those who dont think they just fell off the face of the earth. Its all a matter of taste I guess and with these shows seems like if you really suck and are funny you make the show, if you are outstanding you make the show.

remember also if they make it to tv...the public is voting which in our case sometimes isnt a good thing because to many of the general public think its just marching band. I would bet if you put even Blast in front of the general public....NOT IN A THEATER WHERE MANY DRUM CORPS PEOPLE WILL SUPPORT......that would never win either.I remember taking a date to see it ( non drum corps person )mainly because I had several students from the past in the cast and the person I was with thought it was merely ok but still band :satisfied: If its going to attract the public, it better be glamy, glittery, showy, exciting, and extremely well done.

I guess our idea of entertainment is different from many..lol.....goes to show ya how that term "ENTERTAINMENT " is very subjective

Edited by GUARDLING

David Bruni

Hi Drum Corps Friends!

We are so glad you are supporting the Edge in our mission of bringing drum corps to the main stream of America!

I know that if we can get drum corps on the big stage of television, we will help bring some much needed exposure for our beloved activity. We know that if more people knew about drum corps they would Love it like we do!

We just have to go where the new people are and that is not in the drum corps stadiums anymore. We need to go show them how exciting and entertaining our activity is so they want to Google “drum corps” and go to a show near them every summer!

In an attempt to launch our mission of bringing drum corps to the masses, we approached America’s Got Talent (AGT) and auditioned with great reviews from the producers in Charlotte. We were then scheduled to move onto New York City for a live recording in front of the celebrity judges.

We practiced a lot of hours, brought some of the best drum corps talent on the planet together and went to NYC to bring it to America!

That is all we can say at this time but I wanted you all to know in case you see it on television. Stern and his fans in the audience didn't like us at all. Sterns negativity toward bands, drum corps, and the marching arts in general was certainly present.

One thing is certain - This will not stop our mission to bring thousands of new fans to drum corps!

We are working on three major announcements that will be coming out soon. Some great opportunities for the Edge and drum corps!

I want you all to know how proud I am of every person who went to NYC to perform with the Edge! Those people had the Guts to step up to a big plate take a risk and swing the bat for drum corps.

Again thank you for supporting us in our mission!

See you all at the EDGE!

David Bruni

Well this certainly changes my view of AGT...if performers fail because they just fail...that's one thing, but to be set up for failure when this opportunity is equally important to everyone...that's just wrong...David...I'm sorry you guys had to endure this, but I glad and thankful that you made the effort...keep up the good work.

judging from the turnout in Rockaway last year for the theater showing of quarters, I wonder how the Edge would have faired if we the fans knew more in advance about their taping and invaded the audience? it seems that the judges are easily swayed by the crowd...