Youtube Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Never gets old! IMO!

Boy, they made some good changes to this before finals. Also, I never noticed how well they marched that year. Then I remembered that Todd Ryan taught visual there, duh?!?!

Back on topic?

Geez if we HAVE to...

Had a great time seeing this live at the state capitol :-) This was my daughter's 1st DCI finals (she was 8 and a rabid Scouts fan!).

So many great times playing at the Capitol, I was just glad I was in the crowd to hear this show.

Here's us (MSARP) playing "Never Walk" at our last rehearsal

before performing at 2006 DCI Semi-Finals.

This is not DCI, but it is something I think you would all enjoy seeing. The thing to take note of is the kids in this video are from ages 6 to 12.

Edited by InspaDave

This is not DCI, but it is something I think you would all enjoy seeing. The thing to take note of is the kids in this video are from ages 6 to 12.

This is only one of many outstanding videos (some even more impressive) out there for groups like this at these ages.

I guess my one question is why hasn't this country sent a DC to the US to compete with all this talent that is there??

It saddens me every time I see one of these groups, or any music ensemble in that country with young kids. It shows us that as a country we are far far behind other cultures. There are open class corps with hs and college aged kids that sound awful and look awful. Not to mention all of the HS bands all over the country that struggle to make characteristic sounds out of their instruments.

Why shouldn't we demand this out of ourselves? Why can't we expect more out of our students? Out of our society as a whole? Meh, I digress. Because I'll venture into political areas. And this a thread to enjoy you tube videos.

I just feel like these videos should bother musicians and music educators in this country a little more. We all watch them, say wow I wish my band played like that, then go back to the status quo.

Ugh, I'll stop. I know it's a lot more than that, I'm not that naive, it would take a lot of changes across society.

• Like 2

It saddens me every time I see one of these groups, or any music ensemble in that country with young kids. It shows us that as a country we are far far behind other cultures. There are open class corps with hs and college aged kids that sound awful and look awful. Not to mention all of the HS bands all over the country that struggle to make characteristic sounds out of their instruments.

Why shouldn't we demand this out of ourselves? Why can't we expect more out of our students? Out of our society as a whole? Meh, I digress. Because I'll venture into political areas. And this a thread to enjoy you tube videos.

I just feel like these videos should bother musicians and music educators in this country a little more. We all watch them, say wow I wish my band played like that, then go back to the status quo.

Ugh, I'll stop. I know it's a lot more than that, I'm not that naive, it would take a lot of changes across society.

keep-calm-and-carry-on.png