#101 soccerguy315

soccerguy315

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

drum corps in a dome sucks; turn down the pit amps

My opinions represent every corps I have ever seen perform, both live and on video/dvd.
Division I Scaffolding - 06, 07 (Age Out)

The more subjective in nature the scoring is, the less control the participant has over the outcome... Petty protection of egos (at the expense of others) becomes more important than our stated objective -- development and improvement of everyone involved. - Scott Stewart, 1997

#102 t-mac

t-mac

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0_OkH30BXA

WOW! That's worth a "bump"

Kid's got some crazy 'chops'

#103 thirdcoast

thirdcoast

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Madison in the UK back in 1988....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2sEKCh8Rsg

Keep an eye on the "borrowed" DMs podium....

The gong was ours too.

I like to think we played a small part in their success that year......................... cough.

Never gets old! IMO!

#104 Cadets98

Cadets98

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

Never gets old! IMO!

Boy, they made some good changes to this before finals. Also, I never noticed how well they marched that year. Then I remembered that Todd Ryan taught visual there, duh?!?!

#105 thirdcoast

thirdcoast

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Back on topic?

Geez if we HAVE to...

Had a great time seeing this live at the state capitol :-) This was my daughter's 1st DCI finals (she was 8 and a rabid Scouts fan!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_MXJaBdRaM

So many great times playing at the Capitol, I was just glad I was in the crowd to hear this show.

#106 madalumni

madalumni

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Here's us (MSARP) playing "Never Walk" at our last rehearsal
before performing at 2006 DCI Semi-Finals.

MSARP 2006 Never Walk
Jeff Koehn
Madison Scouts 89-90
Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Project 2006

http://www.jefftheartist.wordpress.com

Began health/fitness program 11/11/2010 (309 lbs)....as of
6/21/2013, have lost 130 pounds (now weighing 179 lbs)!

#107 InspaDave

InspaDave

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

This is not DCI, but it is something I think you would all enjoy seeing. The thing to take note of is the kids in this video are from ages 6 to 12.

Edited by InspaDave, 28 March 2012 - 08:41 AM.

Posted Image
We're dealing with an activity populated by experienced, seasoned performers who have consciously decided to take part in a subjectively evaluated activity open to criticism.

this style of jazz is what almost killed the idiom in the 70s. There's a reason jazz artists moved away from the coked out Miles Davis style of jazz.

#108 StarOrg

StarOrg

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

This is not DCI, but it is something I think you would all enjoy seeing. The thing to take note of is the kids in this video are from ages 6 to 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzeSR1TRH9w

This is only one of many outstanding videos (some even more impressive) out there for groups like this at these ages.

I guess my one question is why hasn't this country sent a DC to the US to compete with all this talent that is there??

-M

Star_Org_3.png

The Star Organization, Jupiter, FL
Star of Jupiter, World Class Champion (Season 6, 19, 20)
Star of Hawaii, Open Class Champion (Season 6, 7)
Cross, Class A Champion (Season 8, 16, 17, 19, 21)

#109 kickhaltsforlife

kickhaltsforlife

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,537 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

It saddens me every time I see one of these groups, or any music ensemble in that country with young kids. It shows us that as a country we are far far behind other cultures. There are open class corps with hs and college aged kids that sound awful and look awful. Not to mention all of the HS bands all over the country that struggle to make characteristic sounds out of their instruments.

Why shouldn't we demand this out of ourselves? Why can't we expect more out of our students? Out of our society as a whole? Meh, I digress. Because I'll venture into political areas. And this a thread to enjoy you tube videos.

I just feel like these videos should bother musicians and music educators in this country a little more. We all watch them, say wow I wish my band played like that, then go back to the status quo.

Ugh, I'll stop. I know it's a lot more than that, I'm not that naive, it would take a lot of changes across society.
Jason
Xmen Euph '08 '09

I have always been a Phillies fan, even when they sucked before, and now that they suck again...

Equal Opportunity Complainer

2010 GOT Forum ROTY

#110 3rd Glasgow BB

3rd Glasgow BB

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

It saddens me every time I see one of these groups, or any music ensemble in that country with young kids. It shows us that as a country we are far far behind other cultures. There are open class corps with hs and college aged kids that sound awful and look awful. Not to mention all of the HS bands all over the country that struggle to make characteristic sounds out of their instruments.

Why shouldn't we demand this out of ourselves? Why can't we expect more out of our students? Out of our society as a whole? Meh, I digress. Because I'll venture into political areas. And this a thread to enjoy you tube videos.

I just feel like these videos should bother musicians and music educators in this country a little more. We all watch them, say wow I wish my band played like that, then go back to the status quo.

Ugh, I'll stop. I know it's a lot more than that, I'm not that naive, it would take a lot of changes across society.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Supporting the Dome!!!
Trumpets and Drums of the 3rd Glasgow Boys Brigade - 1980-1982
3rd Glasgow BB Drum and Bugle Corps - 1983-1989

Buick origin....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.